Re: mass effect 1 dlc bring down the sky won't install

by Fatal_Deviation

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Holger1405

I tried it. Still says CD Key Not Found.

Message 71 of 110 (6,555 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. I've tried the solutions mentioned in this thread but no luck. 

Message 72 of 110 (6,541 Views)

@Fatal_Deviation @Pred50 @greyrazur

First make sure that you downloaded this version of BdtS. Its 849 MB big and holds the newest available version of BdtS with all available language versions.

This version does not need a key for installation like the versions before.     

Put this installation file into the ME1 Game folder and run the "MassEffect_BDtS_EFIGS.exe" as an Administrator.

If the installation still not works it is most likely due to missing registry entries. 

You can find a fix for that problem here at the BW forum.   

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 73 of 110 (6,527 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Holger1405 Thanks for your reply. I think it might be a registry issue as the two keys don't have values. How can I find both keys? Is the ME key the one from Steam? That post on the bioware forum explaining how to find the keys links to a page that no longer exists. 

Message 74 of 110 (6,510 Views)

@Fatal_Deviation

The new BdtS file don't need a key anymore, so it should be enough to put the ME1 Steam Key in. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 75 of 110 (6,501 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm honestly too afraid to mess with the registry. I'm a horribly typist with a horribly attention span and I don't want to make a mistake and break my brand new computer that just bought. Plus, that registry issue was for Windows 7 back in 2010. I never had a problem running BDtS on 7, it's 10 that it's not working on. I'm starting to think I should just try to restore my old computer's harddrive or something.

Message 76 of 110 (6,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
The above fixes made no difference for me - I'm still getting the same error. I was able to install BTDS on a different Windows 10 machine last year so, for me, the OS doesn't seem to be the problem.
Message 77 of 110 (6,453 Views)

@Pred50 wrote:

I'm honestly too afraid to mess with the registry. I'm a horribly typist with a horribly attention span and I don't want to make a mistake and break my brand new computer that just bought. Plus, that registry issue was for Windows 7 back in 2010. I never had a problem running BDtS on 7, it's 10 that it's not working on. I'm starting to think I should just try to restore my old computer's harddrive or something.

The OS is irrelevant, the DLC needs the key registered correctly to get authorisation. 

You can look if the ME1 keys exist in your registry without changing it.

Furthermore you can back up your registry easily, just right click "Computer" in regedit > Export > Save it to a location of your choice.

After that you can restore the registry by simply double clicking the saved file. 

Message 78 of 110 (6,454 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Fatal_Deviation

Did you set the ME1 CD key also under "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Bring Down the Sky\ergc"?

Edit: Btw, you did run ME1 at least once before you tried to install the DLC?

Message 79 of 110 (6,442 Views)

★★★ Novice

This might sound stupid, but... How exactly would I do that? Is there a game file?

Message 80 of 110 (7,055 Views)