Re: MASS EFFECT BRING DOWN THE SKY for free? - NO KEY NEEDED

by ssj4redfire

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Disclamer: This is for Win7 users (and I would assume Win8, though I don't know about that) only!

It looks like no one's addressed this, so if it has been, I apologise.

Okay... just to start things off real simply... IF YOU HAVE ORIGIN, YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANY DLC! PERIOD!!!

Heh, sorry for the shouting, but I dare say I have your attention. If you bought or registered your Steam version on Origin then all the DLC should already be bundled in with the game. All you need to do is go to [C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect\Binaries] and edit [MassEffect]'s compatability settings to [Win. XP SP2]. Run the game, and check your DLC. Both [Pinnicle Station] and [BDtS] should show up. Additionally, I'm running the game as the Administrator, so if it doesn't show up with the previous step, then do that as well.

Cheers!

Message 51 of 110 (11,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sorry for shouting THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS!!

Running as admin was the bullet for me on Win7.

Message 52 of 110 (11,822 Views)

Re: MASS EFFECT BRING DOWN THE SKY key for free?

★ Novice

I tried to do this but when I run the installer, it says, "Mass Effect not found. Please install from original source." I bought the game off of steam, but while steam will allow me to install the DLC,  steam won't run the game period. Any suggestions?

Message 53 of 110 (10,758 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried this (XP SP2 compatiblity & administrator setting) -  unfortunately the DLC do not show up. Frown

Message 54 of 110 (10,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked like a charm, thanks very much!

Message 55 of 110 (9,434 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, so after I downloaded BDtS, after I created the fake MassEffectLauncher.exe, after I installed BDtS, after I right clicked on Mass Effect in the Origin client and clicked on "Check for Update" - I'm still having problems.

To explain simply, I've been constantly checking the MassEffectConfig.exe every time I advanced further in completing my installation of Mass Effect (with its latest patch and all DLC).

Step-by-step:

1. Install Mass Effect from the Origin Client.

Config shows:

• MassEffect.exe = v1.02
  • MassEffectLauncher.exe = [blank]
  • MassEffectConfig.exe = v1.02
  • Uninstall Mass Effect.exe = v1.03
  • Product Keys: Mass Effect, Pinnacle Station

2. Download BDtS, create fake MassEffectLauncher.exe and install BDts.

Config shows:

• MassEffect.exe = v1.02
  • MassEffectLauncher.exe = v1.01
  • Product Keys: Mass Effect, Bring Down the Sky, Pinnacle Station

3. Check for Mass Effect update and allow update to install.

Config shows:

• MassEffect.exe = v1.02
  • Product Keys: Bring Down the Sky

You can now see where the problem is occurring. The Mass Effect and Pinnacle Station product keys have disappeared.

I can access the game without being asked for any registration codes as expected after the update. However, when I go into Options and Downloadable Content there is nothing showing, no Bring Down the Sky or Pinnacle Station.

When I try to load an old save from years ago (I had the game and both DLC working just fine then) it says there's missing DLCs: both Pinnacle Station and Bring Down the Sky.

So, the overall problem of getting this game working in its entirety is still unsolved for at least one of us. I tried running a repair on the game from the client but it didn't solve anything.

Any ideas?

Message 56 of 110 (9,310 Views)

★★★ Novice

@FCormacB wrote:

Okay, so after I downloaded BDtS, after I created the fake MassEffectLauncher.exe, after I installed BDtS, after I right clicked on Mass Effect in the Origin client and clicked on "Check for Update" - I'm still having problems.

To explain simply, I've been constantly checking the MassEffectConfig.exe every time I advanced further in completing my installation of Mass Effect (with its latest patch and all DLC).

Step-by-step:

1. Install Mass Effect from the Origin Client.

Config shows:

• MassEffect.exe = v1.02
  • MassEffectLauncher.exe = [blank]
  • Product Keys: Mass Effect, Pinnacle Station

2. Download BDtS, create fake MassEffectLauncher.exe and install BDts.

Config shows:

• MassEffect.exe = v1.02
  • Product Keys: Mass Effect, Bring Down the Sky, Pinnacle Station

3. Check for Mass Effect update and allow update to install.

Config shows:

• MassEffect.exe = v1.02
  • Product Keys: Bring Down the Sky

You can now see where the problem is occurring. The Mass Effect and Pinnacle Station product keys have disappeared.

I can access the game without being asked for any registration codes as expected after the update. However, when I go into Options and Downloadable Content there is nothing showing, no Bring Down the Sky or Pinnacle Station.

When I try to load an old save from years ago (I had the game and both DLC working just fine then) it says there's missing DLCs: both Pinnacle Station and Bring Down the Sky.

So, the overall problem of getting this game working in its entirety is still unsolved for at least one of us. I tried running a repair on the game from the client but it didn't solve anything.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with the missing launcher, but when I made the fake launcher, then clicked check for update, it works perfectly fine for me, no problems at all, no missing DLCs. even in the config launcher.

Message 57 of 110 (8,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hate to disappoint you, but in my case code is still needed. Just recently re-install my Steam version of Mass Effect, tried to install BDtS (freshly downloaded), but installer still asks for code.

Probably it's just my case, but still.

Message 58 of 110 (8,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I need Help with this . I have BDTS IN the configdata but cant play my old savegame. The problem is my code is too long

Message 59 of 110 (8,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're my hero <3 Thanks!!!

Message 60 of 110 (7,817 Views)