Re: MASS EFFECT BRING DOWN THE SKY key for free?

by z3r0destroyer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MASS EFFECT BRING DOWN THE SKY and Pinnacle Station for free? - NO KEY NEEDED

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have heard about a free expansion of the game Mass Effect 1 and that I should ask for a code to get this expansion. Could you give me the code? Thank you very much

Message 1 of 110 (183,123 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi hermionepao,

Please follow these instructions to get the Bring Down the Sky DLC:

1. Make sure Mass Effect is installed and was started at least one time, then download and run the installer from the following location:
  2. Run the downloaded file to install the new content.
  3. A code is no longer required to authorize the installer.

Have fun playing!

Ursula

Edit: The download link for "Pinnacle Station" can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/bioware-classics-dlc/

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 110 (202,501 Views)

All Replies

registering mass effect games from the trilogy and getting bring down the sky on pc and other versions of mass effect trilogy

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i had the same problem, except i have the 360 edition so i didnt have to ask for bring down the sky, however i had to call or contact ea support for registering mass effect 2, mass effect 1 cant be registered on the current bioware site but if you ask ea support theyll give you a key for bring down the sky plus a direct download link, i did the same on my pc version of mass effect 1, i bought the first one on origin however. good luck

Message 2 of 110 (182,696 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi hermionepao,

Please follow these instructions to get the Bring Down the Sky DLC:

1. Make sure Mass Effect is installed and was started at least one time, then download and run the installer from the following location:
  2. Run the downloaded file to install the new content.
  3. A code is no longer required to authorize the installer.

Have fun playing!

Ursula

Edit: The download link for "Pinnacle Station" can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins/bioware-classics-dlc/

spectre.png
Message 3 of 110 (202,502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This did not work for me. It is still giving me the exceeded activations error. I contacted tech support and they provided me with a key which authenticated and then the install encountered an error, never installed, and the key they gave me was used up. If the DLC is free, why do we need to register it this way? Shouldn't this key be always valid?

Message 4 of 110 (182,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

[Removed]

Just worked for me,so it may work again for awhile.

Message 5 of 110 (182,032 Views)

★ Apprentice

They should make a key that has unlimited uses.

Message 6 of 110 (181,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@agoldendragon wrote:

[Removed]

Just worked for me,so it may work again for awhile.

THANK YOU.  SO MUCH.

I contacted EA a few days ago to ask for a new key and have gotten no response yet.  The wait has been extremely frustrating.  But this one worked, so thank you very much!

Honestly, since they made this DLC free, they should either release a key with unlimited uses or an installer that doesn't require a key.  It would even save them some effort in the long run, since they wouldn't have to deal with resetting keys or releasing new ones any more...

Message 7 of 110 (181,957 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Oh thank you, you are a god among men. I tried the EA help chat and they couldn't help me, after making me wait half the **bleep** day to talk to someone, then he gives me there number for there phone support and a case number....... It was going to be THREE hours before I got through when all I needed was a **bleep** FREE CD KEY...... So the five minutes I was on hold I went to Bioware's forum, found a link to this post, used the key you posted, and installed the DLC....... All in five minutes after wasting half the day with EA's **bleep**. Oh well I knew EA was incompetent so what should I have expected. Thanks again agoldendragon now I can finally just play the game.

Message 8 of 110 (181,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks, agoldendragon, I'll update my first post with that.

spectre.png
Message 9 of 110 (181,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This key does not work, is there an updated key?

I have followed all the above steps, installed and re-installed the game (cleaning out all the Bioware Mass Effect folders I could find) turned off my fire wall, ran the installer as administrator; nothing.Followed  the instructions to run the game first and then load the DLC; again nothing.  I have searched here and the Bioware members forums and none of the codes listed anywhere are working. Seeing how the game is now part of a Mass Effect bundle I see a lot of angry people trying to load this DLC and getting a stone wall. Not nice EA.

Message 10 of 110 (180,933 Views)