Re: MASS EFFECT BRING DOWN THE SKY key for free?

by omega2079

Original Post

Re: MASS EFFECT BRING DOWN THE SKY for free? - NO KEY NEEDED

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

So that worked?  Great!  I am now officially a 1.25 trick pony.

Message 41 of 110 (13,448 Views)

★★★ Novice

Worked like a charm.

Thanks again!

Message 42 of 110 (13,441 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Works for me on the original DVD version.

Thanks

Pete

Message 43 of 110 (13,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Aperantly EA fixed this with origin (i have instaled normal mass effect and it has automaticly instaled both DLC's - Pinical station and Bting down the sky)

Message 44 of 110 (13,155 Views)

[ Edited ]

@max_exter wrote:

Ok, I've duplicated the problem, and it really is looking for the presence of MassEffectLauncher.exe.  

So, open Notepad, then go to File -> Save As, change the file

type to All (VERY IMPORTANT), name the file MassEffectLauncher.exe, and then navigate

to the root of your Mass Effect directory, which is probably %programfiles(x86)%\origin games\mass effect\ 

and click Save.  

Then try running the installer again.

This solved my "Mass effect not found" error and allowed me to install BDTS.  However now I have a bigger problem that won't let me start the game when it was full updated and functional before installing BDTS.  I am receiving a popup (see attachement) with a pre-filled CD key, but when I choose "done" it doesn't accept the key and when I select "don't continue" it doesn't allow the game to start. Even entering the code from my origin "view game details" tab doesn't work in this launcher. 

***UPDATE*** I opened Origin and selected "check for update" after installing BDTS and the game updated and then ran normally after the updated downloaded and completed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 45 of 110 (12,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks for finding a solution to that. I also downloaded BDtS, created the pretend .exe and ran the updater and was given the same popup showing that code. checking for updates in Origin fixes the problem.

I myself have ME1, 2 and 3 on origin bought separately (ie not the collector's edition), yet now when i check DLC in the main menu of ME1 it lists both BDtS and Pinnacle Station. Was Pinnacle Station always in-game?

Message 46 of 110 (12,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The link hasn't worked in the last few days. It gives a small file, 8KB file size. I get a msg stating it's not a valid .exe file.

Or it just says the sever sent no data, depending on the browser used.

Message 47 of 110 (12,509 Views)

[ Edited ]

@omega2079 wrote:

The link hasn't worked in the last few days. It gives a small file, 8KB file size. I get a msg stating it's not a valid .exe file.

Or it just says the sever sent no data, depending on the browser used.

The first link posted in this thread no longer works, be sure to pull down the file via here (the file will be 849MB): 

http://lvlt.bioware.cdn.ea.com/bioware/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect/dlc/MassEffect_BDtS_EFIGS.exe

Then you must create a fake executable with notepad by opening Notepad, then go to File -> Save As, change the file

type to All (VERY IMPORTANT), name the file MassEffectLauncher.exe, and then navigate

to the root of your Mass Effect directory, which is probably %programfiles(x86)%\origin games\mass effect\ 

and click Save so this file is in the Mass Effect game folder.  After that run BDTS installer that you donwloaded from from the link above .  After BDTS installs completely go to your Origin Games Library, right click the Mass Effect icon in your games library and select "check for update".  Allow the game to update and you should be good to go afterwards.

***NOTE***If after installing ME1 and it won't start or pull up the launcher for the first time, close Origin completely, right click the Origin client's icon on your desktop and select "run as administrator" then click on the ME1 icon in your games library and the ME1 game launcher will launch and the game play.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 48 of 110 (12,500 Views)

I just downloaded the file from EA_Ursula's post on page 1 and had no problem. It's been a while, but when the link was first shared I seem to recall having to tell my system it was ok to allow the download (antivirus, popup blocker or something was preventing it).

SD Signature Banner

Message 49 of 110 (12,493 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for replying. Confusedmileyhappy: The download works on my laptop. 

Something's messed up my computer. Apparently this dlc is the only file on the internet my main computer won't download.

Message 50 of 110 (12,143 Views)