Importing ME1 save files to ME2 on PS3

by koolchar44

Original Post

Importing ME1 save files to ME2 on PS3

★★★ Novice

So I bought the trilogy recently because ps3 owners can finally play the original Mass Effect and play through the entire story. I finished two playthroughs of ME and when I went to start ME2 patch 1.04 came up and I figured it would allow importing. Sure enough, the option for import is there under New Game but when I choose it, it checks for ME save files for like 2 seconds and turns up blank...Any help??

Message 1 of 3 (393 Views)

Re: Importing ME1 save files to ME2 on PS3

★★ Novice

I've had the exact same issue. I've searched for answers, but nobody seems to have a clear way to fix this. I've heard that another patch might be made to fix the import failure, and I've heard some people say that they've found a way around the problem, though they gave no clear description how. Most people are having this issue because their games come from different regions, but all of my copies are US and I have no clue why the import option doesn't work. I'm sorry- I know I didn't really fix the problem, but I thought maybe I could give you more information on the subject. 

Message 2 of 3 (383 Views)

Re: Importing ME1 save files to ME2 on PS3

★★★ Newbie

the problem for me is that when i exit out of ME1 the enter existing ID option for a new game disappears, which obviously means ME2 will not be able to see it when i ask to import a ME1 character.

i have the game patched, i have the trilogy version

i have removed game data for both ME and ME2 and reinstalled both

the final save after defeating Saren is not 'staying saved'

check to see if you can still 'enter existing ID' when starting a new game in ME1

Message 3 of 3 (343 Views)