If I have MEUITM, LAA Patch, and FPS Counter do I need ENB & SweetFX mods?

by Kaidan_Shut-up

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If I have MEUITM, LAA Patch, and FPS Counter do I need ENB & SweetFX mods?

★ Apprentice

The former 3 items are already installed in my ME1 game. Does ENB/SweetFX even add anything substantial and how taxing is it on ones computer? As it stands mines can run ME1 with the other 3 mods but just barely. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: If I have MEUITM, LAA Patch, and FPS Counter do I need ENB & SweetFX mod

[ Edited ]

@Kaidan_Shut-up

@Kaidan_Shut-up wrote:
 I wondered if ENB & SweetFX mods were superior to MEUITM/FPS Counter, wanted to try them out. However, if you think it's unnecessary I may change my mind. It'd be nice if I could find a YouTube comparison video between MEUITM & ENB/SweetFX. I tried looking for it the other day, found nothing. 

MEUITM is a texture mode that actually replaces low resolution textures with high res counterparts.

You will never get an equally good result by solely using a post-processing application like ENB/SweetFX or FPS Counter.

FPS Counter has post processing effects similar to what SweetFX offers, so installing them together can lead to interferences/conflicts.

Summarized: Keep MEUITM  if you don't have problems with it.

You can test whether you like the post-processing effects of SweetF or FPS Counter better, but don't use them at the same time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,988 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

a. Give us your rig's specs.

Whether you can even run those additional mods (acceptably) depends on that.

b. What's your goal here?

ENB/Sweet are appearance enhancements (and ones I don't care for, but that's a personal opinion.)  You already have MEUITM, so it seems to me that these would interfere/conflict with each other, not improve things.

[EDIT:  On the other hand, MEUITM seems to be incredibly complex/fragile.  Lots to mess with, lots of work-arounds, lots of additional files needed.  Maybe switching to something eles would be a simpler option?]

Message 2 of 6 (3,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Okay, here is my system info. (see the DxDiag below)

ME1 is playable and performs slightly better than the 360 version on my rig. For what it's worth though the frame rate tends to dip when doing things like running around the Citadel and hitting the Mass Relays. Sometimes when the game loads a conversation it may sometimes skip the first few words in the dialogue but then auto-adjust and the rest of it is fine. The load times are the only major nitpick I'd say. Got the elevator mod now therefore elevator loads aren't an issue, it's the other load times sometimes I'm waiting 17 seconds for the thing to load. Lucky thing I own a NeoGeo CD which conditioned me for such load times (I've seen worse), still, a small burden though.

My goal is to get the game looking as good as possible on my low-tier/mid-tier PC. I wondered if ENB & SweetFX mods were superior to MEUITM/FPS Counter, wanted to try them out. However, if you think it's unnecessary I may change my mind. It'd be nice if I could find a YouTube comparison video between MEUITM & ENB/SweetFX. I tried looking for it the other day, found nothing. 

What do you mean MEUITM is complex and fragile? As far as installing it without mucking up your game it seems pretty straight-forward to me. Although I DID have a huge issue at first with post-processing mode using FPS Counter (the walls and floors looked bad) still can't remember how I fixed that.

Message 3 of 6 (3,075 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kaidan_Shut-up

@Kaidan_Shut-up wrote:
 I wondered if ENB & SweetFX mods were superior to MEUITM/FPS Counter, wanted to try them out. However, if you think it's unnecessary I may change my mind. It'd be nice if I could find a YouTube comparison video between MEUITM & ENB/SweetFX. I tried looking for it the other day, found nothing. 

MEUITM is a texture mode that actually replaces low resolution textures with high res counterparts.

You will never get an equally good result by solely using a post-processing application like ENB/SweetFX or FPS Counter.

FPS Counter has post processing effects similar to what SweetFX offers, so installing them together can lead to interferences/conflicts.

Summarized: Keep MEUITM  if you don't have problems with it.

You can test whether you like the post-processing effects of SweetF or FPS Counter better, but don't use them at the same time.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 6 (3,989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Holger1405to my rescue once again!

Already have FPS Counter and don't feel like uninstalling it just so I can use ENB and SweetFX mod. I would have thought about it if you could install ENB/SFX on top of FPSC but after the great Holger's answer my mind is pretty much made up! Good looking out appreciate it!

Message 5 of 6 (3,046 Views)

@Kaidan_Shut-up

You're welcome.

Message 6 of 6 (3,032 Views)