How do I import my Mass Effect 1 character into Mass Effect 2, and 3?

by Helca

Original Post

Re: How do I import my Mass Effect 1 character into Mass Effect 2, and 3?

★★ Novice

I found them under "Documents and Settings" then the Bioware folder, under ME. Those are the saves for the first Mass Effect. ME2 save files loaded seamlessly into the ME3 game. Hope that helps.

Message 11 of 44 (19,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I open my Binaries folder there's nothing in it at all.  Is there a reason for this?

Message 12 of 44 (18,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried all the different laocations, got the folder saved, and now ME2 won't load out of Origin so what the hell gives? Anyone else experiancing bad advice from this forum or a message box coming up saying that the cloud and saves are out of sync and to choose what saves to use? I chose one, and when it didn't work, I chose the other and it still didn't work, so I'm at my witts end because the stupid game won't even load now.

Message 13 of 44 (18,624 Views)

Hero

@madcap96 wrote:

When I open my Binaries folder there's nothing in it at all.  Is there a reason for this?

Because you're in the Binaries folder in Documents - BioWare - Mass Effect 2. That one's supposed to be empty. You need the one in the install location. For instance: Program Files (x86) - BioWare - Mass Effect 2.

Details in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/PC-Importing-a-save-file-from-Mass-Effect-1/m-p/751184#U75118...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 44 (18,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This forum really should be updated. If you run the configuration utility on mass effect two PC (part of the trilogy) it breaks something and the game will not load. As far as i can see there has been no real solution to this issue. If the config has been run, the game needs to be completely uninstalled and reinstalled in order to make it playable. Now I'm trying to find a way to manually copy over the save files, cause if i can't continue form the first game, im returning the game.

Message 15 of 44 (18,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So i have done the configuration utility tons of times but each time it doesnt work, i have follwed many websites instructions and the also dont work. I'm on PC and Steam. So i open the launcher, i got to configuration, i go to save games, i click on copy "mass effect save files", I then scrol through my documents until i find masseffect, i open it, i click on saves, then i press okay, and i get onto mass effect 2, press newgame, click on import ME1 character, and then a pop up shows and says that Me1 save files not found please run the configuration utility to capy these files to the right place. I then repeat what i did and it happens again.

Message 16 of 44 (18,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks. Standard smile I can now enjoy playing with my work of art of a character. Standard smile

Message 17 of 44 (17,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 18 of 44 (17,649 Views)

★ Novice

Hi i have got that same problem do you know how i can repair it?

Message 19 of 44 (16,963 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries

Open Mass Effect config.

Open the save games tab.

Click the "Copy Mass Effect 1 Save Games"-button.

Locate the Mass Effect 1 saves folder:

C:\Users\[Your Username]\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save
This is the standard folder where your Mass Effect saves are.

Click "OK".

Congrats! You just imported your saves!

Message 20 of 44 (16,941 Views)