Re: Hard freeze on Virmire [PS3}

by matt_davies198

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hard freeze on Virmire [PS3}

★ Novice

I am on my first play through of ME1 on PS3 and I have about 48 hours of play under my belt. I reached Virmire and found when I got to the 1st gate and went to the skills screen, the game froze and wouldn't unfreeze. I had to turn the PS3 off and on again reload, try again, freeze again. This happened a few times. Then I stopped trying to access the squad skills screen and managed to carry on but went to save and... freeze... PS3 off and on... reload.

I then went to an earlier save, didn't access squad skills, didn't try to save, finally got past the third gate and...freeze. Tried a couple moire times... freeze.

I have tried troubleshooting tips from a chat with ea help (even though the tips were for PS4...) didn't help.

The one thing i haven't tried is uninstalling the game or deleting my saves, which I really don't want to do because of the 48 hours I've already played! If I start again and end up freezing again I might cry. Seriously.

Message 1 of 5 (1,188 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @matt_davies198 

I'm sorry to hear about your issue with ME1 Frown

Since you're playing on PS3, unfortunately we're quite limited with the troubleshooting here, but at the same time there are less things that could have gone wrong.

At this point, I would recommend to only reinstall the game - maybe there's a chance that it's not the save files that got corrupted and are freezing the game.

Let us know if that helped!

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,164 Views)

All Replies

Hey @matt_davies198 

I'm sorry to hear about your issue with ME1 Frown

Since you're playing on PS3, unfortunately we're quite limited with the troubleshooting here, but at the same time there are less things that could have gone wrong.

At this point, I would recommend to only reinstall the game - maybe there's a chance that it's not the save files that got corrupted and are freezing the game.

Let us know if that helped!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (1,165 Views)

★ Novice

When I found out about the Genesis comic I decided to skip to ME2. I've got a feeling my ME1 disk was damaged by my daughter. I did try cleaning it, but there were still a few scratches.

I might lose a few bonuses, I just didn't want to lose my choices and relationships. The comic fixed some of that for me.

Message 3 of 5 (1,149 Views)

★ Novice

I decided to give it one last go. I cleaned the disk, reinstalled it. Virmire was still buggy, I couldn't go and speak to the indoctrinated Salarians because of another freeze/crash, but I was able to finish the game! Woot!

Currently playing through ME2 with my Shepard and all the bonuses. Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 5 (1,139 Views)

That's great to hear @matt_davies198 Standard smile

Have fun playing Mass Effect 2!

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 5 (1,131 Views)