Game crashes when I go to Sparta

by Fictitiousfable

Original Post

Re: Game crashes when I go to Sparta

★ Apprentice

i did first time the 24/04/2015, last time yesterday 26/04/2015 and i'm redownloading it today.

Message 31 of 166 (1,750 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game a few times over the last two days or so.

Message 32 of 166 (1,748 Views)

★★★ Novice

i get the same problem, i get it since  24/04/15, i dont tried to re-downlad it, if u can say when it's do for you

Thanks you

Message 33 of 166 (1,744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

FWIW, I'm getting it too. Tried going back to a much older set of drivers for my video card, no luck. (Nvidia 660 TI w/ newest drivers and w/ some older set from 2014.)

Message 34 of 166 (1,731 Views)

★ Apprentice

Who purchased this in Steam and not in Origin, clicking on "check integrity" or something like this, solved the issue... In origin there is not a button like that, so i'm thinking too is something about the software we download from origin. We are talking about an issue started about 2 days ago... so it is really recent and it is related to all people who downloaded the game from origin last week. If it is like that, if Ea wants can solve this.

Message 35 of 166 (1,697 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also problems with Mass Effect. When i go to certain planets, i see the loading screen and BAM! ME1 shuts down. Anyone know how to fix this? I dont see an Error screen. it just.. It goes back to my desktop and the game is closed

Message 36 of 166 (1,684 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, I have found a SORT OF fix, but it's not very useful for origin users:

I reinstalled Mass Effect + DLC off my old DVD and with fresh downloads of Pinnacle (via Origin's cache directory) and BDtS (via the big 800~ meg new file that doesn't need a CD key). It seems to work as normal, with my old saves. Can now select a squad and land on a planet without the crash I had with the version of Mass Effect that Origin downloaded+installed for me over the weekend.

Message 37 of 166 (1,656 Views)

★★ Novice

I get the same problem on my version.  I hit it at first with Edolus, but it seems to be that the same planets are failing on all of our machines.

Did anyone else here buy their copy through Amazon's $10 deal last weekend? Just noticed that several people said they just bought a copy of the game.  Maybe that is (somehow) the reason?

Message 38 of 166 (1,618 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I want to replay the whole trilogy from the start.

Then this bug occured.

I think that it comes from the Origin download and not from the Trilogy disc install.

The only problem with the disc install is that the game is in my native language (French), and I want to play the game in English.

Message 39 of 166 (1,611 Views)

★ Apprentice

I bought digital version so i have not the cd, i'm sure that with the cd will work, something was wrong with software we download from origin... So if they don't change it, we can't get a real solution...  Frown 

Message 40 of 166 (1,592 Views)