Re: Game crashes when I go to Sparta

by EA_Offspring

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

And now? i am supposed to download a pirate version to have the missing files?

Message 141 of 166 (1,575 Views)

Community Manager

I definitely wouldn't recommend that. I've gotten word that they're homing in on a resolution and this should be fixed soon*.

Once it's fixed, you will need to run a repair and the relevant files should be downloaded. Right-click the game panel in Origin to get the repair option. 

*Unfortunately we can't give an exact timeframe. I understand that this is frustrating, but I'll update with more info when I can. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 142 of 166 (1,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i know, that was a joke Standard smile

Thanks David

Message 143 of 166 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for being so helpful, David.

Message 144 of 166 (1,739 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just popping with a little extra. If anyone was in the same situation as I was where Win7 would not allow me to install ME1 off the disc to the x86 directory:

On a hunch after bryaco identified the missing files I threw my disc in and tried again. Originally I was going to install it in a different spot and copy/paste the files over but this time it recognized my Origin install and let me overwrite it! Once I had the UNC files in their place all I had to do was update through Origin and everything was finally good to go, smooth sailing now.

I sincerely hope for all of you who don't have original hard copies that this gets sorted out as quickly as possible, I always have and always will consider the Mass Effect franchise to be one of the very best I've ever played and that's saying a lot when you consider I had a game controller in my hands when I was 3 and I'm 37 now Wink.

If there was a definitively legal way I could post the folder for you all I would. If for some reason Origin is having a hard time finding them since they're almost a decade old and are probably archived somewhere you have my e-mail address! Lemme know if I can help!

Message 145 of 166 (1,459 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey guys, as David said we are homing in on a fix. Once we have it in place, either myself or someone else will post back here. It should be pretty quick here that we have a fix, too so hopefully you guys can get back to playing shortly.

Message 146 of 166 (1,690 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

And just like that, we should have a fix in place. Those of you who are impacted by this, can you right click on your game tile and click Repair Game? You should be asked to download ~600 megs of extra data. If you're not, please let me know.

Thanks!

Message 147 of 166 (5,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

This fixed it! I can finally land on planets!

Message 148 of 166 (1,666 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, EA_Offspring.  Your help (and David's) is greatly appreciated.

Message 149 of 166 (1,651 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks David And Offspring! Seems like this kinda of issue should have been detected earlier on your end, but now that it's fixed - and not in an unreasonable amount of time - I look forward to playing the whole trilogy and ME 4 when it's finally out.

Message 150 of 166 (1,644 Views)