Re: Game crashes when I go to Sparta

by EA_David

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Ye I also bought it from Origin digital edition a couple of days ago, I used to have it on my xbox 360 but since I got rid of my console I decided to get it on pc aswell since I really like it.

Im starting to believe this might be a Orgin download problem aswell.

Message 41 of 166 (1,007 Views)

★ Apprentice

I bought the trilogy download from Amazon as well. Does sound more and more like files are corrupt on Origin's side, hopefully they have a way of fixing it. Wish I had physical disc to install at this point, seems like those who do don't have the crash problem.

Message 42 of 166 (983 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Was there a recent game update? I don't see an update, but based on these posts it's definitely a recent problem.

I'll try to replicate the problem and I will post my findings soon. I will also forward the issue to the EA overlords.

Update

I landed on Edolus in Sparta and the game did not crash. I have the following specs:

AMD Radeon R9 270X (14.12)

Intel core i5 4690K

8GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

I tested the Origin digital download of ME1, not from the Trilogy package.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 43 of 166 (976 Views)

Hero

@Diab01ique wrote:

I'm having this issue as well when trying to land on Edolus to find Liara.

Just a quick reminder that Liara is on Therum, not Edolus. There's a sidemission on Edolus, but in the meantime, avoid it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 44 of 166 (973 Views)

★ Apprentice

When did you download ME1 from Origin, Fred?

Message 45 of 166 (960 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you for the posts. It looks like most people seeing this issue are using the Trilogy.

Edit: removing some preliminary test steps.

Testing on a machine with a GTX 770 using the 520.12 and 347.88 drivers, I wasn't able to replicate this, so I suspect the issue lies elsewhere. Also we have reports from users with AMD cards too. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 46 of 166 (952 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi David, thanks for responding. I have already tried disabling Origin in game and it did not work. I just double checked and it is still disabled. My version of Origin is 9.5.12.2862 - 364867.

Message 47 of 166 (949 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks. I just tried to replicate on a test machine but it worked fine. My Origin build number is the same as yours, suggesting that this can be ruled out as a factor. 

This hasn't found the source of the issue, but it's very helpful to swiftly rule things out. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 48 of 166 (940 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello David I have this problem with the planets mentioned in this post and I did not buy the Trilogy, only Mass Effect One on Origin. So I do not believe that the trilogy pack is the problem.

My origin version is 

Version 9.5.12.2862 - 364867

Message 49 of 166 (932 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you @rm8083 that is very good to know. 

I don't think there's a need for any more Origin versions so i'll edit that out of the initial post. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 50 of 166 (927 Views)