Re: Game crashes when I go to Sparta

by LeonsAlex

Original Post

★★ Novice

I wonder if it has to do with most of us running 64-bit OS's now.  ME1 was probably coded with 32-bit only in mind.  Just a shot in the dark.

Message 21 of 166 (1,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

But how a 32bit processor based game, can occur this issue just some specific planets in a 64bit processor?  If it wase processor related, it should occur everytime and on every place, not just in some specific planets...

I can confirm the error is the same linked before.

Update: I tried also updating to 1.02 from the website of Bioware... Same issue...

Message 22 of 166 (1,452 Views)

★★ Novice

so far it happened at Solcrum in grissom trying to take out the geth outpost and sparta, trying to get liara 

Message 23 of 166 (1,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also got that issue.

Just bought the trilogy pack and now I can't land on those mentioned planets. It's the origin-version, but i bought it as a hard copy. My Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 2620M @2700 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6630M (driver from 27.01.2011 which is the newest)

Memory: 6GB

Message 24 of 166 (1,404 Views)

★★★ Novice

Chipping in to comment on my video card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

I haven't touched my game for a while because of this lack of being able to get onto that planet and thusly, I don't want to try out other planets in case the game crashes again and therefore, I lose my progress. I don't want to start on Mass Effect 2 either (though I may wind up doing that because I want to play my games that I've paid for) because I'm someone who enjoys the sense of gameplay completion  - even if I've beaten the first two games in a substantial amount of ways - and want to import my Shepard over but this is a problem that requires some kind of patch or fix.

I could always play the games on my 360, but my current laptop is far, far better than the graphic capabilities of my 360 and runs far more smoothly and therefore, it's highly frustrating that I want to play these games again only to be barred from doing so by a fault in the game.

Message 25 of 166 (1,402 Views)

★ Apprentice

I really think this is realted to the game, and not to our system, if it is realted to a game, a patch fix should be released... and well, i don't know how Bioware or Ea, will release a patch for a game of 2008, this is really sick Frown

Message 26 of 166 (1,394 Views)

★★ Novice

how do i find my GPU and driver info so i can post on here?

Message 27 of 166 (1,377 Views)

★★ Novice

Update: I downgraded from 14.12 AMD drivers to 14.9. and the issue persists. It's looking more and more like its a problem with the game and not our systems.

Message 28 of 166 (1,373 Views)

★★ Novice

does anyone have an idea on when this might be fixed? i really want to get through mass effect 1Standard smile

Message 29 of 166 (1,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just a quick question, when have you all downloaded/re-installed the game the last time? I have the feeling it could be something wrong with the download on origin itself, but since the studio no longer works on ME1, I doubt they will really look into this.

Message 30 of 166 (1,301 Views)