Re: Decryption issues. xbox one.

by darklight1986

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Decryption issues. xbox one.

★★★ Newbie
Hi,

I just started playing mass effect one on ea access. i want to go the whole way through from 1 to 3. the game plays great but i do have a small issue. I have a char with 5 points in decryption but every time i try the minigame i fail.

Now i have saved at a container and tried a number of times to do the cotainer (its a easy one). Now i know its 3 buttons in order as they light up. The issue is that from the time the first one lights up you have only a few miliseconds to do all 3. The best ive done is seeing what the 2nd one is before failing.

I have only one tv and yes its a hd smart tv with the xbox using a hdmi cabel to the tv. looking around i saw alot of people saying just practice and you'll get it and some saying its cable lag on the tv. ive never had a issue with any other game with lag because of a cable before. in fact ive never heard of it before now full stop.

Does anyone know a fix for this? going the whole way through this game and not being able to unlock anything may get very annoying and possibly ruin what would be a fun experience.
Message 1 of 11 (8,936 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Well i was meaning to comment earlier but forgot. It was not due to my skills at the game as after fixing the issue i have only failed due to distraction of my daughter running around.

The issue was that my smart tv picture settings that are automatically selected have a intentional lag in them. After going into my tvs settings and selecting gaming the lag issue stopped and i have been able to play normally without issue.

And the other guy was completely right just turning items into omni gel is not a fix to this type of issue at all. Doing it that way makes the whole thing a hell of alot less fun.

Its not about finding a way to make it work its about the game working the way it should. If this had been a legit bug i would have been annoyed if a work around was the only option.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (9,686 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
To be clear i am pressing the buttons very quickly. but even if i press a button the same time as it lights up by the time the second lights up it fails before you can move your finger to the button that lights up. SO its not a practice thing its a lag or bug with the minigame itself.
Message 2 of 11 (8,904 Views)

@darklight1986

I don't think that it is a bug, the Mini Game on a console is not easy for lots of people. It might be a problem with lag, but even if it is, nobody here will be able to help you with that.

The only advise I can give you is to buy cheap stuff and turn it into omni-gel to open the locks with that. Later on you will have so much stuff that you can reduce to omni-gel that you don't have to worry about that anymore. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 11 (8,892 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @darklight1986 

Yes, @holger1405 absolutely right, this does works as intended. So with a bit of practice you should be able to nail it. Or just go for omni-gel.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 11 (8,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey @EA_Archi,

@darklight1986 is completely correct on this issue! My experience with the entire Mass Effect trilogy is that I have completed all three numerous times on Xbox 360 and know exactly how to complete Decryptions.

I started playing Mass Effect 1 recently on my Xbox One with an Elite controller and have the exact same issue. I'm an experienced gamer and never have issues with similar timed mini games. I go to encrypt a door or lockbox that is labeled "easy" and after one button press it states I've failed.

My home entrrtainment equipment has never lagged before and I find it hard to believe that the problem is on my side. The more likely issue is that Mass Effect has a bug that occurs on Decryption or that the game does not like my Elite controller.

Whatever the issue may be, I agree with Darklight1986 that this is an issue that truly and sadly detracts from the true game experience.

PS: Collect more Omni-gel isn't a solution. The game should function as originally intended.
Message 5 of 11 (8,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well i was meaning to comment earlier but forgot. It was not due to my skills at the game as after fixing the issue i have only failed due to distraction of my daughter running around.

The issue was that my smart tv picture settings that are automatically selected have a intentional lag in them. After going into my tvs settings and selecting gaming the lag issue stopped and i have been able to play normally without issue.

And the other guy was completely right just turning items into omni gel is not a fix to this type of issue at all. Doing it that way makes the whole thing a hell of alot less fun.

Its not about finding a way to make it work its about the game working the way it should. If this had been a legit bug i would have been annoyed if a work around was the only option.
Message 6 of 11 (9,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie
He was correct ill agree but it was not a solution so i didnt put it down as one. I was talking about a lag issue which i was correct in assuming was the issue. It has been fixed and i posted the fix i found and marked that as the solution.
Message 7 of 11 (8,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@darklight1986

Hey thanks I will try that as I know my TV has a Gaming mode as well that I do not utilize.
Message 8 of 11 (8,842 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @darklight1986 

Thank you for coming back to us and letting us know, you are fine now. Enjoy the game!

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 9 of 11 (8,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. Just to say that switching that TV to game mode, fixed the issue for me too. Almost 100% ratio after that.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 11 (3,801 Views)