DISPLAY

by SpazticusPrime

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DISPLAY

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I'm preparing to go back through the full ME experience (and get my kids playing).  ME2, ME3, and Andromeda are set up fine and play perfectly (full screen on monitor #2), but on ME1 the display is always "squished".  I've tried all the installed display settings as well as my computer's displays but all look the same, unless I play in a window (and of course I keep clicking off-screen).  Any suggestions to get my display setup correctly?

Setup: Alienware Aurora R5
     Processor: i7-6700, 3.4GHz

Windows 10 Pro, 64bit

Display: GeForce GTX 980
     Driver: 397.64
     DirectX: 12.0

Audio: Realtek somethingorother... can dig up info if really necessary.

Monitors: dual display (Dell SE2417HG x2)

Any help appreciated.  Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3 (590 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DISPLAY

Hero

By "squished" do you mean that the game's aspect ratio is not the same as that of your display?

Your display has a resolution of 1920x1080, so make sure that is selected in the game's graphics options. The dropdown menu with resolutions doesn't respond to mouse wheel scroll, so some player don't see all the options. You have to click the arrow to see more options.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (826 Views)

All Replies

Hero

By "squished" do you mean that the game's aspect ratio is not the same as that of your display?

Your display has a resolution of 1920x1080, so make sure that is selected in the game's graphics options. The dropdown menu with resolutions doesn't respond to mouse wheel scroll, so some player don't see all the options. You have to click the arrow to see more options.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (827 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks; deep down I knew I was missing something obvious!!  Perfect, all is right with the world now.  Cheers!!

Message 3 of 3 (553 Views)