Re: Conrad Verner

by sunwisecircles

Original Post

Conrad Verner

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi. Having problems in ME with Conrad's mission "The Fan" not updating as complete. Have done all three conversations with him, all paragon. Would mods interfere? I have 'Same-gender romance' and 'ALOT'. Is there a way to fix this? Say through Gibbed? I like this weirdo in my games. Any ideas to fix this or workaround? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (987 Views)

Hero

I think that should be manageable through Gibbed, but that's after already importing into ME2.

Conrad has a paragon and renegade flag in the save editor. There's a well known bug where, if you took the paragon route, both paragon and renegade flags are checked, and ME2 defaults to renegade. The interesting part is that the part in ME2 where he acknowledges Shepard taking the paragon route is only visible if you've edited your save file.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (966 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not that glitch. I mean Conrad is a little strange anyway.... The Fan is not triggered as completed, so he isn't at the Dark Star (?) in ME2. Hence the question, can I give him in, and how?

Thanks Fred.

Message 3 of 5 (954 Views)

Hero

I know that the glitch I mentioned is not the one you're talking about. I mentioned that as a fun side effect of Gibbed.

Once you load the save into ME2, just open in in Gibbed and check one of Conrad's plot flags. He should appear.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@sunwisecircles

Proper settings for Conrad in ME2:
* Import your save into ME2.
* Play until you can save, do so. Exit game.
* Load into Gibbed for ME2.
* Go into Plot/ME1 Imported plot table/Flags
* Make sure the ONLY check marks in the (Conrad) section are...
1, 2, and 5

That will work and he should then appear in the bar.
NOTE: You'll need to set this BEFORE you even go to Illium. Preferably at the beginning off the game.

As previously mentioned, this is a flaw in the game. If you handled him the paragon method, you'll need to do this every time you import the save to correct the flaw.

Message 5 of 5 (854 Views)