CD Key and DLC trouble with Steam version

by Riptor00ZERO

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CD Key and DLC trouble with Steam version

★★★★ Novice

Can't request a CD Key through Steam. Can't install BDtS or PS DLCs on Steam version.

I've been trying to do this all day but nothing works and I'm going in circles. The game was running and then it asked for the key I can't retrieve after I verified the files. I reinstalled it but I still can't install the DLCs. When I run the installers they fail without telling me why.

Is there something I'm missing with the Steam version? Who do I have to talk to about retrieving the key? If I have the key can I activate it through Origin and skip this DLC process?

Message 1 of 4 (997 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CD Key and DLC trouble with Steam version

★★★★ Novice

I had to verify and reinstall and delete some files then verify and redownload but apparently it's decided to work now, whatever.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (956 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Riptor00ZERO

If you have an issue with the game/dlc key on Steam then it is down to Steam to fix that for you. EA can only deal with issues regarding your EA account linking etc.
You can or at least should be able to add the game to Origin using the key, but it may require you to go through EA support and provide proof of purchase etc so they can manually add it to your account, that's if you can't get the key from Steam.

If you do try the proof of purchase route make sure you don't crop any screenshots, you might also need to try a few time as not all support help with this situation. Live chat is the best option.

To contact an Support use the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Select Origin>Choose Platform>Manage Account and then choose the relevant topic or option and then select an available contact option

Message 2 of 4 (980 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Steam doesn't manage the DLC for the game so they're not help with it, either.

Message 3 of 4 (962 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had to verify and reinstall and delete some files then verify and redownload but apparently it's decided to work now, whatever.

Message 4 of 4 (957 Views)