Bonus powers and savefiles PS3

by StephyMVBR

Original Post

Bonus powers and savefiles PS3

★★★ Newbie

Ok, so I have lost at least two HDDs in the past few years, the last one broke down on me on last Xmas season, which means I lost my Mass Effect savefiles.

I have noticed this before (not just with the HDD breakdowns), but either due to losing the Profile file to a bad HDD or from deleting it yourself, and then reloading the game to play it again... it will show, in the Extras menu, that one (or I, specifically) has the platinum trophy (meaning all trophies are unlocked). However, upon creating a new character, you don't get to pick a bonus power/talent. Why did BioWare screw up like this ? (for example, I always go with soldier, but I can't pick biotic or tech powers even though I have all of these trophies on my PSN profile).

And the savefiles are locked too, so it's not like I could have backed them up to avoid this very issue. I've lost my level 60 character at least three times in the past, and it's annoying.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix this, and maybe even how to backup the files (despite the lock), I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

PS: Anyway I can email BioWare and try to reason with them to remove the lock on the files so we can back them up ? And also maybe get a patch so this glitch doesn't happen anymore. When the game says "this power will be available for any subsequent character ON THIS PROFILE", they should have made it so the PROFILE they were referring to was the PSN profile, not the "savefile" one. I'm not in the mood to spam each of these powers 75 times again (each), just so I can fix the profile save which I won't even be able to backup (again) anyway, thanks to the lock.

Message 1 of 1 (357 Views)