Betreff: Always Crashes.

by jamezilla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Always Crashes.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I installed Mass Effect 1, it crashed, I "repaired" it, it crashed, I rebooted my computer, it crashed, I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it on a different drive, it crashed and I tried compatibility troubleshooting and it still * crashed. It seems to load, goes to a screen with some very faint writing and then does nothing. If I press a key, or bring up task manager, a * of error message text comes up. I didn't have this problem before. Can anyone help me? I'm on an Asus laptop running windows 8. And running it from Origin. Also, "run as administrator" didn't work, either.

Message 1 of 8 (1,169 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jamezilla

You still can create the DxDiag, only the RM shows no errors. Please create the DxDiag text file and post it here.
Also post the "MassEffect.log" from "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Logs"

As for the problem:

Did you used any mods on ME1 or did you edited one of the games settings ini files? 

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Go to your: "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect" folder and move the "Config" folder to your desktop.
  • Test the game.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (1,045 Views)

All Replies

@jamezilla

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

Also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the "MassEffect.exe".

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 8 (1,134 Views)

★ Apprentice

It does not have Mass Effect listed, so I guess I can't make a DxDiag file. I can try to use PrintScreen to show you the error messages.

Message 3 of 8 (1,113 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here.

Message 4 of 8 (1,112 Views)

@jamezilla

You still can create the DxDiag, only the RM shows no errors. Please create the DxDiag text file and post it here.
Also post the "MassEffect.log" from "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Logs"

As for the problem:

Did you used any mods on ME1 or did you edited one of the games settings ini files? 

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Go to your: "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect" folder and move the "Config" folder to your desktop.
  • Test the game.

Message 5 of 8 (1,046 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know how to make a DxDiag file. I didn't use any mods or anything. I moved the Config folder, and the game works fine. I don't understand how the hell that works, but as long as the game works, I'm happy.

Message 6 of 8 (1,029 Views)

@jamezilla

Well, if it works now the DxDiag is not  Necessary anymore. 

The reason for the crashes was a corrupt settings file. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,016 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8 (1,005 Views)