Re: Worlds Edge sucks, please replace it with KC

by sxnderjyden

Original Post

Worlds Edge sucks, please replace it with KC

★★ Novice

Please remove Worlds Edge and get KC back. KC is awesome, Olympus is a good map and Worlds edge is just completely horrible. Its feels bad to play in and it looks ugly and does not capture the gameplay that makes apex fun nor does it feel like the apex theme in terms of how it looks. for gameplay the best map is KC then Olympus and worlds edge is not even on the chart, thats how much worse it is. For theme and look of the maps Olympus is best, KC second and Worlds Edge is not even on the chart again. That map is atrocious in every way and I wont queue up as long as that map is active. This is just one casual players opinion on the maps. I just want it to exist somewhere so at least I'm doing my part to give feedback.

While I'm at it, the reason I think KC is better for gameplay than Olympus is that I always felt like I had more options in an engagement on KC. Dont know how true this really is but it feels like areas on Olympus seem to be kind of peak shaped, and KC has more valley shaped areas. This makes engagements feel much more balanced. On Olympus it feels like attacking is always very much uphill. KC often had engagements where each team is on either side of no mans land and you have movement abilities, ziplines, airstrikes to help get you across if you wanna get closer. Not really feeling like that on Olympus.

Message 1 of 5 (2,457 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ZeroSixTeen We all feel the same way, being nostalgic to King's Canyon is totally normal. The map hasn't been removed, It has been vaulted for this season, and I think it'll be added back next season! Let's hope it does.
Message 2 of 5 (2,283 Views)

Champion
@ZeroSixTeen I love the KC map. Hopefully they don't change it too much when we get it back. I wanna see a rotation of all three maps maybe a quicker rotation so the map you play has more of a random feel to it rather than okay we're playing WE/ Olympus for the next hour and a half.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (2,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree. World's Edge is one of the worst maps I've ever played in a battle royale game. It is far too large, the aesthetics are disgusting, and overall, it is just a frustrating map to play on. It's obvious that EA has seen these issues because they keep just adding more junk to the map to make it seem more interesting, but sometimes less is more. 

Olympus is definitely my favorite map to play on so far and I've been playing Apex since its launch. The map is gorgeous, flows well, and every spot is fun to fight in.

Also, King's Canyon is great and even though the top 1% of players don't like it - who cares, bring it back so the 99% of casual-competitive players can enjoy their time.

I would also agree that a more consistent rotation would be great.

Message 4 of 5 (2,199 Views)

★ Apprentice

the reason it sucks is all the things that is annoying is good on the map. no reason to shoot on the map playing deffsive is alot better. snipers are terriable on this map and this makes shotguns alot better and this makes caustik alot better and caustik is just ´´who desgined this hero shuold be fired´´ level annoying. it is map designed not to be shot on... nice battle royal designe.

Message 5 of 5 (2,170 Views)