Re: Worlds Edge is overexposed and unpleasant to look at

by xpl0its

Original Post

Worlds Edge is overexposed and unpleasant to look at

★ Apprentice

The Worlds Edge map is so hard on the eyes I really dislike it. 

No matter how much I fiddle with my monitors color settings, in game brightness, preset color modes, etc -- the map is too colorful, I can barely see half of the enemies at a distance and it's just really annoying. 

I dislike how games nowadays want to replicate the pupil dilation effect when you walk outside of a building, I really don't want to have to 'adjust' my in-game eyes and have my real eyes suffer for about 1 - 2 seconds while my character walks outside. This feature really doesn't do anything for me and just adds annoyance to an already hard to look at map, i'm not sure if it's a byproduct of the game engine or whatever but it'd be nice to disable that. 

Maybe we can bring back King's Canyon or just have a new map where the colors aren't overexposed like crayola crayons or whatever

Message 1 of 2 (412 Views)

Re: Worlds Edge is overexposed and unpleasant to look at

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I've played Apex Legends on a few different monitors without noticing any saturation bugs. I also Googled this to see if there are any known issues in Apex like this, I don't see any, but I have seen graphical bugs in the past, that are known issues in Apex.

What monitor and graphical card are you using? If you are using Nvidia or AMD, try installing different video drivers. If Kings Canyon wasn't an issue, were you using the same hardware and drivers then?

If there was truly a saturation issue/bug then you'd be hearing about it, it seems like you unfortunately have run across a bug with your hardware or drivers.

You mention to colorful, on the few monitors I have played the game, the colors are actually not bright at all, if anything a bit de-saturated looking.

Something is going on with your setup...

Message 2 of 2 (350 Views)