World's Edge Needs Removed

by Joker112914

Original Post

World's Edge Needs Removed

★★★★★ Apprentice

World's Edge is by far the worst map ever made. You can hardly find body shields half the time and it is way too open. There is hardly any cover around the map while you are getting beamed from somebody else. I hope and pray that come season 6 it will be removed from the map rotation. Kings Canyon will always be the best map ever. 

Message 1 of 6 (629 Views)

Re: World's Edge Needs Removed

★★★★ Guide
@Joker112914 They're not going to delete a map. Some players like one, others like the other. By deleting a map, they would be making a lot of players angry and getting rid of a large amount of their extremely small playerbase.
Message 2 of 6 (553 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I seem to remember the Developer's mentioning that they wanted to experiment with more Long-Range battles, but maybe I'm wrong. It has indeed given us all something to try out; Both players and creators. As a player, I can see where you're coming from. There are some long treks though the land of World's Edge and can lend towards starting engagements from afar. This adds another layer to more stealthy play, as it can be difficult to traverse the map without being detected and gaining aggro. 

It would be helpful, perhaps if there were more landmarks in open areas; It would make them more appealing? Although certain areas are nice being left open- such as the lavender fields North of Trainyard.

Message 3 of 6 (522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agree - needs to be scrapped entirely. Not only is the design trash with loot being way too few and far between, the squads either hot drop or drop a mile from any action. If you drop anywhere but the same two areas where everyone drops every game, it's common to not see a squad until there's 4-5 squads left in the game.

Not to mention, every time there's a fight in any building, it becomes clear how disastrously bad the sound design in the game is. You hear people running around near you and all of the sudden they're within melee range and it still sounds like they're a floor above. The sound has been awful since day one, and I know the developers don't care as long as they can throw out some new $20 skins every six months, but I would think it would be embarrassing.

People stream this game to other people and it's clear how shockingly bad the map and sound design are. I'm terrified to see a third map if World's Edge is what they came up with after they have some "experience" designing King's Canyon. I can't even imagine what kind of mess we're about to see. But hey, at least they force the maps down your throat by making each of them play for an hour at a time.

Message 4 of 6 (503 Views)

★ Guide
@Joker112914 How about no
Message 5 of 6 (443 Views)

★★ Guide
@Joker112914 This is super funny because the post below this one is to delete kings canyon
Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)