Why not have a map selection feature?

by IAmTheMeddler

Original Post

Why not have a map selection feature?

★★★★ Guide

I guess this is more of a question for the developers, but why not have both maps available which players could select to queue up into in the main lobby?

Is it a server issue? Are you wanting to force everyone into the new map so you can get as much feedback as possible? Or something else?

I personally am loving the new map, it is a nice change of pace. I just see all these people who don't like change complaining about not being able to play on Kings Canyon.

Message 1 of 9 (984 Views)

Re: Why not have a map selection feature?

★★★ Novice

Because no one would play this new trash map.

Message 2 of 9 (920 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@PantlessFury Naw... There are plenty of people out there who are loving the new maps. Those are the people who are out there playing this game rather than being a 'keyboard warrior' and complaining about the new map on forums and social media.
Message 3 of 9 (900 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@IAmTheMeddler I think they will bring back KC, but I think they made the right choice taking it away for the time being. If they didn’t take it away I wonder how many players would have played one or two games of WE and never went back to it. I would have been one of those players. But being forced to play WE I have grown to love it. When they bring back KC I will probably only play it if my friends want to play it.
Message 4 of 9 (858 Views)

★★ Guide

Of course they plan on bringing it back; but the best way for them to collect data on the new map is to have everyone playing it.

And naturally when they bring it back, they will do so through randomized per-match pre-made selection. (You know the best method in existence for equal playing) Just like R6S or COD.

Message 5 of 9 (848 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@GreenxxFire They have not confirmed they are bringing it back other than for the Halloween event. But if/when they do, I don’t think it will be randomised. If it’s randomised, players will leave a match if they don’t get the map they want to play on.
Message 6 of 9 (832 Views)

★ Guide

I would love that too. Honestly, if possible I would love for them to add the posibility to uninstall the map too so it doesn't take up space in my hard drive, as I would never play it again.

Message 7 of 9 (792 Views)

Community Manager

No word on any plans to implement map selection, but we'll make sure the team is aware of interest around this. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 9 (762 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Interest in map selection has exploded since the rotation system has been implemented, players are upset. I hope the team is aware! People would rather play another game than wait for their favorite map to return.
Message 9 of 9 (469 Views)