Unfair ring at the end, got my team killed.

by Kaparroides

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unfair ring at the end, got my team killed.

★★★★ Apprentice

with one squad left, my team got killed by the storm because we had no way of going to safe zone.

here's the video. https://youtu.be/DdOBvXyfBu8

Message 1 of 15 (3,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unfair ring at the end, got my team killed.

Community Manager

That was a rough way to go out at the end. Looks like the Jumpad idea was a little too late but your buddy would have needed to use it twice. We'll ping this experience to the team, thanks for submitting it!

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (3,096 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That was a rough way to go out at the end. Looks like the Jumpad idea was a little too late but your buddy would have needed to use it twice. We'll ping this experience to the team, thanks for submitting it!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 15 (3,097 Views)

★★ Expert

Me and 2 other squads had the same issue. All of us were outside the 2nd-3rd final circle because the circle before had a mountain in the middle and we all just so happened to choose the wrong side to post up at. As the circle came to a close, we were locked in and either we all die or fight it out. Luckily we all saw each other and finished the game before the circle ate us. 

It was fun and exciting but that would not have been the case if my squad was the only team to choose the wrong side. 

Message 3 of 15 (3,068 Views)

★★ Guide

I had an instance where we were in the Pit in the valley leading out to Slums and we got stuck. Storm on each side of us and the only way to get out was to go through it. Team was waiting for us and since it was the last team we took a lot of storm damage

Message 4 of 15 (3,043 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Kaparroides The ring isn't meant to be fair, you gotta make the right choice and move with the zone to an area where you know you are safe, you make the wrong choice and it is over.
Message 5 of 15 (3,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Subtle_Tactics  how you gonna make the right choice when you don't know where the next ring is gonna be? it's a mistake, they know it's a mistake and i'm sure it's gonna be fixed.

Message 6 of 15 (3,009 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Kaparroides Look at the rin, see which part has the most area you can be in, and see where the most of the ring you cannot go because its solid rock.
Message 7 of 15 (2,990 Views)

★★ Pro
@Kaparroides tbh mate the right choice is not jumping off a cliff you can't climb back up :D Unlucky though. Just a bad choice in the heat of the moment. Did the other team play well to force you off there or did you go there without them seeing you at first?
Message 8 of 15 (2,986 Views)

Community Manager

I'm seeing more and more watching Diamond and AP tier games that it's very important to grab a strong position as soon as possible.

Obviously you can't know for sure where the ring will go, and part of the fun is making the educated guesses. 

And then sometimes it screws you over anyway. :eahigh_file:

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 15 (2,974 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

well, i agree you gotta make the right choice and all, that would be understantable if the ring was shrinking and you made a bad move and died for the ring, but the ring is not moving and my team got there through the circunstances of that game, look how much space there is and nowhere to go, i wasn't expecting a montain to cover the whole ring because is still alot of space, anyone comming from that side who's not pathfinder would be screwed.

Message 10 of 15 (2,965 Views)