Re: This. . .

by NickBeam27

Original Post

This. . .

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

image_2022-09-18_174454706.png

is not. FUN!!!! if this isnt changed next season, im uninstalling and playing something else all season. get your * * together respawn, this is beyond *. the reason for the changes are so dumb and make absolutely no sense. i cant find the quote now, but i know i could earlier, something along the lines of the devs not being SATISFIED with the number of players still alive in the second half of the match or because they dont like people camping. seer and bloodhound both exist in the game to directly counter a ratting playstyle. so they implemented this change. every time im in the ring, every single time im reminded of this reason and i get FURIOUS. when i die to the ring, im often done for at least an hour, more often than not, im done with the game for the whole day. its no accident that i often die to the ring directly after winning a hard fight. so im getting punished for fighting instead of running. i dont want to run. i want to shoot people. can you guess what happened the match just before making this post by my verbiage? i shouldnt be getting ARTIFICIALLY killed off during a match, and i damn near guarantee most players feel the same way. absolutely nobody asked for this, i certainly didnt, and public sentiment about the change has been mostly negative.

image_2022-09-18_175636116.png

thats from page one of google when i search keywords "apex legends ring change". stop balancing the game focused solely around high level pros and streamers. i dont care if HisWattson has to deal with a certain playstyle (no shade intended toward HisWattson here) i care that i keep dying to the ring when i spend so much of my time and energy getting better so i dont lose to human opponents. i cant out aim the ring, and depending on my drop spot, its basically checkmate the second i hit the ground, because ive chosen a spot at the edge of the map, i lose the dice roll, and the ring i need to get to is on the other side of the map. "so just land in the middle of the map" right, so now more than half of my favorite LZs are absolutely useless. no landing at crypto town if you wanna have a good chance to survive the first ring! no caustic fart palace, no water treatment. none of that, unless you feel like rolling the dice and dying to RNG!!!! cant even reliably land at bloodhound trials, which is one of my favorite spots in the entire game, because i can just about guarantee that i start with a sentinel. if this isnt changed by next season, im pretty sure im just done with the game entirely. i have lots of nice skins on the xbox, and ive started getting a lot of nice stuff on my pc account, including my main man crypto's heirloom, which i bought during the collection event for over 100$. all this is to say, im invested in the game. i WANT to play apex. but i cant justify wasting any more of my time on a game where the devs introduce changes to literally ARTIFICIALLY kill off players. i cannot justify wasting my time on a game where the devs actively make the game less fun, and more frustrating.

[CM - Edited for profanity]

Message 1 of 7 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Geckur0

As the season wears on I'm finding it less of a problem than I thought it was at first, but it still isn't good and it should definitely go back to the way it was before this season. I still have matches where I hit the ground, look at first circle, and then say, "Nah, I'll just quit and start over." I don't know if Respawn considers that a more desirable outcome than dissatisfaction with the number of players still alive at ring two, but I'm betting not, and I'm betting I'm far from the only player who does this.
Message 2 of 7 (1,023 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah, I agree. Lately I have been constantly landing in the middle to the same locations over and over again, so that I don't have to either - just quit once I realize I have no time to loot or find heals to even survive the ring or just run and run without even a gun or ammo or anything. Cause lets face it, the ring right now equals death. Ring 1! lol, Ring one equals death...wow does that just sound absurd. 

I also feel I have to abandon many of my favorite areas in the map (outside areas) just in case I lose the ring one coin toss. 

Seems like a waste to spend a year on a map just to change a ring 1 design that makes half the map you spent a year on making - pointless. 

Whos running the Respawn again .... adults? 

Message 3 of 7 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@NickBeam27 It’s not very nice to insult the devs a respawn. The ring changes make it so you have to choose between having an entire poi to loot by yourself, or land in the middle, and fight your way to loot, but be in the ring. Before the ring changes, this choice didn’t matter, but know having an entire outer edge poi to yourself is a risk you have to choose to do. It’s very easy to loot the entire poi before it closes over you, but before the change, you could easily loot 3 pois, and not take any damage.
Message 4 of 7 (970 Views)

★★★ Expert
@BigMacAttack8u

"The ring changes make it so you have to choose between having an entire poi to loot by yourself, or land in the middle, and fight your way to loot, but be in the ring."

I feel like this is only really true on King's. Point and Edge both still have very good options for rapid cross-map movement. It really feels as if the only choice they're trying to force is between fast-moving, streamer-friendly matches or pushing up the quit statistics (which I guess weren't high enough already?).
Message 5 of 7 (964 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@BigMacAttack8u you're in the minority defending this change.
Message 6 of 7 (933 Views)

★★ Pro
@BigMacAttack8u I stand by my above statement....thank you. The ring changes, leave very little options. And as I said, Storm Point took them 1 full year to make. So, my above comment stands accurate in my eyes. A year to pay your employees to build something that a later asinine change, laid waste to.
And based on some of the changes in the last couple seasons, such as Seer, Vantage and her ability to not need cross hairs on combatants to register a hit, new rank, ring change and many other things (I do not have the time to get into) - This forum is filled with enough... does sometimes force the question - are sensible adults who consider all factors making decisions? Or does the all mighty dollar run Respawn
Message 7 of 7 (925 Views)