Re: The Ring is too fast/strong on World's End

by Nightstick24

Original Post

The Ring is too fast/strong on World's End

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The goal of the ring is to promote fights, World's End is so big I'm finding 70% of my games where I don't land center of the map are ignoring fights because the ring's about to close 1600m away from me.

I can't even count the number of fights my squad has had to not take or leave half-way through because the second ring absolutely shreds you. I'm finding it doesn't promote fights, it promotes ignoring every fight you can because you have to run 1200m through a cliff for the ring.

I think it should close slower so you can have a hope of outrunning it, or it should deal far less damage so you can survive it better, for the first two zones - further on it should melt you like it does and it's small enough you have plenty of time to get to it and fight. However for the first two while there's still so many people and so many early fights going on I'm finding so many of my games are dying to the ring or having to leave fights because of it.

What are other people's thoughts on it? Am I just getting unlucky with it closing as far as it possibly can every single game? And I'm talking about World's End exclusively right now, I think King's Canyon is fine as it is.

Message 1 of 8 (644 Views)

Champion
@Nightstick24 I believe it's to encourage repositioning as they've presented a strong emphasis on strategic positioning this season. I do agree that sometimes the second ring seems to destroy you.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (572 Views)

★ Guide

I posted before about this and how the ring seems to close faster this season, and everyone poo pooed me.  I'm experiencing the same problems as you, man.

Message 3 of 8 (541 Views)

★ Guide
@Bolted_Fault Yeah, it closes faster than you can possibly move, even on Octane Stim/Pathfinder Zip most of the time. And the Second Ring kills you faster than you can heal unless you use medkits constantly. It's unreal the number of times I've died to the thing.
Message 4 of 8 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

agreed.  fix the ring.

Message 5 of 8 (494 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed.
The ring should do just enough damage where it isn't viable to stay in it. 
But it shouldn't do the kind of damage it's doing in ring 2 and 3. 

The damage increase is ridiculous. 
It's already discouraging enough at ring 1 to get out of it. 

And I don't see what's "fun" about a game where so many teams just die to the ring for no reason because they get stuck in fights outside the ring. 
Then you win those fights and die to ring anyway... like... what's the point. 

Message 6 of 8 (476 Views)

★ Guide
@Nightstick24 Start moving before the ring starts, you cant expect to dive into 5 teams and expect to live the same way you cant expect to hang out outside the ring and live. Ideally you want to be in the ring BEFORE its starts closing. If the first ring is across the map you need to loot up quickly and get going, if theres another team you need to deal with them quickly.
Message 7 of 8 (332 Views)

★ Guide

They buffed T2 ring because of outheal issues, but at current 3rd party and gatekeeping rate, it definitely should be toned down to level where popping syringe after resurrect is possible

Message 8 of 8 (310 Views)