The 4th & 5th Vaults

by Cabowse

Original Post

The 4th & 5th Vaults

Champion

Adding a 4th & 5th Vault

It seems to me that there really should be more vaults towards the top of the map, it's most apparent when in Skyhook as many vault key cargo bots hang out there, but your closest vault is at the Train Yard.

Here are my suggestions for some new vault locations:

Screenshot 2020-01-01 at 14.26.52 copy.png

VAULT 4

Position A

Lava Fissure is already a very fun place to drop and to fight in, and being that it isn't an area where many cargo bots spawn it would work quite well as a vault location. The Vault would be located right at the bottom and would require a bit of finesse to reach without burning yourself on the lava.

Position B

This is one of the more obvious locations for the 4th Vault, so obvious that when I was first playing the map I thought there was a Vault there. This would be very similar to the Train Yard vault, and fairly self explanatory. 

Position C

This location is suggested as that general area of the map is not one where a lot of fights happen unless the ring moves that way, the rock formations would lend themselves well to the location of a vault.

VAULT 5

Position A

This vault would be on the top of a rock formation only accessible by careful climbing or jump tower. This vault would be at a different orientation to the others, once the door is unlocked you have to jump into it and to get out you have to climb up the walls. The door is more like a hangar door so once inside there is nowhere to hide if another team comes to ambush you.

Position B

This Vault would actually have two entrances on either side of the rock formation. Once one door is opened the other is automatically opened as well so be careful of other teams taking advantage and coming from the other side.

Position C

This Vault is very exposed and built into the rock formation behind refinery. This is another area that doesn't see a lot of action so bringing teams over here from Epicentre & Overlook could yield some interesting results.

I'd be interested to hear what people's thoughts are on these. 

Please suggest which locations would you like to see become actual Vaults below!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 4 (549 Views)

Re: The 4th & 5th Vaults

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cabowse I dig any combo of the above as described, all seem interesting.
Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Great submission @Cabowse!

I'd be down with more vaults placed around the map if more keys were floating around. Shooting one of those down always comes with a risk of another team knowing you're in the area. 

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 4 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Vault 4 Position B already just feels like it should have a loot vault there. A lot of the new players that I randomly match with in pubs usually ask me how to find the vault in that tunnel.

I also would like to add a Vault 5 Position D. I think the best place for vault five would be somewhere between Epicenter and Refinery (or maybe even directly under the Epicenter tower).

If we want to make sure that each space of the map has at least one nearby vault, I think that a vault near Thermal Station would also be a good idea.

Message 4 of 4 (401 Views)