Storm's Point is punishing players for playing the game.

by Joemanji

Original Post

Storm's Point is punishing players for playing the game.

★★★★ Apprentice

So I'll get off the game for a hour + because as soon as Storm's Point is up in the map rotation I go offline as well as my friends. I really want to play Apex but I never thought respawn would punish players for playing their game. It's that bad and I'm sorry to the Devs I know you guys worked hard on this map but to be honest I know a lot of people are tired of this map and I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing this but please Respawn take this map out of rotation for a long time. The map needs a complete redesign in general because I can list a bunch of building placement/designs that make 0 sense. It has potential and I appreciate the creativity but this map isn't it and I know this is how a lot of players feel. 

I seen pro players even talking about how boring the map can be, please do something about this because the majority of the players who pay money for the game and love the game are really over it. If it is in the map rotation then please expedite this and make this map only available to play for a very short time frame instead of a hour + cause this game has potential to be great. I mean the game is great. I think you all seriously need to reconsider and be open to players concerns because we are the ones that pay you. Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 18 (2,279 Views)

Re: Storm's Point is punishing players for playing the game.

★★★ Expert
@Joemanji I'm hearing a lot of "I hate this map, everyone I know hates this map, streamers hate this map," and what I'm not hearing is any kind of why. I already know the reasons, but it would be nice if people would criticize the map (constructively) instead of the people who made it or the amount of time it spends in rotation.
Message 2 of 18 (2,236 Views)

★★ Guide

uh just read any of the comments on why this map is horrible.

basically it's huge with giant areas with no cover or POI.  it needs more buildings, zip lines, etc. 

Olympus was recently updated with a lot of new structures, between bonzai plaza and solar array. before it was just a huge plain area of nothingness and now there's a giant structure that spews out loot, a bunch of tall buildings for cover and lots of bins. 

Message 3 of 18 (2,225 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@reconzero Well it takes a lot of time to (constructively) criticize the game. Also I want a actual person who works on this game to reach out and I can walk it through with them on what needs to be changed or at least my ideas and other peoples ideas I can add on top of that. I don't get paid for it but if it made the map better sure but I really doubt any of them are gonna read this and actually take it seriously instead of taking it for granted as they always do. I'm not a famous streamer, so its less likely they'll listen to me. Least I can do is make this post.
Message 4 of 18 (2,211 Views)

@Joemanji 

Post your concerns and solutions here. 
i really doubt that just because what you said in the thread that someone from the dev team is going to contact you about some vague statement. Be clear about your concerns and suggestions in the post and maybe just maybe one of the CM’s will see it’s worth if it has worth and pass it up the chain. However do not expect that you will have a direct exchange with them. 

these posts are monitored so put it all down right here in writing. Nothing to lose right. Good luck.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 5 of 18 (2,135 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Joemanji I'd like some more tunnels through the mountains, and rocks/trees here and there for more cover.
Message 6 of 18 (2,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@DrWizardoI think the main problem people have is the lack of POIs, the devs built in space for new things, so they wouldn’t have to destroy so many things. (Which the community complained about, but that was mostly skulltown) Unfortunately they inadvertently left to much open space. With the plans they have ahead I’m sure they will fill up the spaces. It’s not a horrible map, but it does feel like it’s not a full battle royale, with all the rotating people have to do, it feels like nothing until round 3. For now the map is to big, but who knows, the could cut it in half to make two different maps, or blow up fish farms. Either way it may not be ideal now, but im sure it’s being worked on.

Message 7 of 18 (2,114 Views)

★★ Guide

the problem with this map is that its huge and empty. imagine playing 30 people on a battlefield map designed for 128 players. this is stormpoint.  there us SO MUCH empty land with no significance.  no cover, no loot, no rocks, nothing.

the tridents help but they're only located on the fringes and they're too noisy. the jump canons help but they only go specific routes.  and there's only one jump tower for some unknown reason. 

90% of my gaming time on stormpoint is just walking around for 5-10 minutes and then getting maybe finding another squad and then immediately getting third partied. 

this is why i dont play when stormpoint is up. it is a badly designed map.

Message 8 of 18 (2,055 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@huyness6 Everyone has said they think there is a problem, but no one has offered any sort of solution. Why only criticize when you could push it further, with an actual original idea. I suggest that everyone stops hating an ENTIRE map, until you have identified the part you want to see fixed, and have detailed a fix.
Message 9 of 18 (2,044 Views)

★★ Guide

1. make the map 25% smaller

2. add more buildings, loot bins, cover, trees, etc.  75% of this map is just empty land.  that thing with the giant sea monster? do that for rest of the map.  add construction equipment. platforms. you know, objects that are not just grass?

3. add jump towers.

no one lands on the periphery because its just a giant hassle to traverse the map. how many times have you ended up at the fish farm or lighting rod for the final circles and see that everything is unlooted because no one lands there?  why the hell is there only one jump tower

Message 10 of 18 (2,030 Views)