Storm Point

by NxT_Osirity

Original Post

Storm Point

★★★★★ Novice

Whose Idead was it to design Storm Point? It’s by far the worst map in history of video games… I will not play that map ever again until they remove the Prowlers (remove, not rework) and fix the sounds from the lightning rod or whatever it is. I’m done with getting killed because of basically an NPC

Message 1 of 17 (4,193 Views)

Re: Storm Point

Community Manager
Moving this to the map feedback board.

Kent.png
Message 2 of 17 (4,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@NxT_OsirityI've said it once and I'll say it again, the best you can probably hope for is a balance in numbers and hostility. The prowlers are easy to deal with, they give considerable amounts of rewards, and help with your shield. Not to mention the amount of work and resources that went in to creating and implementing them. The best advice I can give is l:

Identify. Assess. Evolve.

Message 3 of 17 (4,149 Views)

★★ Apprentice

totally agree with the topic starter in this
Very VERY annoying map, ridiculously big, and prowlers... the worst idea ever.

Not only do I have to watch out for enemies, now we have these creatures to be aware of.

Got killed or round ruined because of them as well. 

I'm just skipping this map now, waiting for the next map in roller.

Would be nice to have map choosing opportunity, and devs will see which maps are popular, and which ones are hated by the community. 

Message 4 of 17 (4,128 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This map is absolutely horrible for many reasons. The ones you listed are WAY down the list lol. Any good player might as well just stop playing when this map comes into rotation if you are solo queue. Worst winrates I have ever seen. Randoms just cannot handle this map at all.

Message 5 of 17 (4,068 Views)

★★ Apprentice

and finding out which maps are truly popular is precisely why the Dev's will never let us pick the map we want to play on. Someone's feelings will get hurt - and we can't have that now.....

Message 6 of 17 (3,676 Views)

★★ Guide

yes lets make a huge * map that fits 300 people but only have 60 players so either drop hot or drop some where else and spend 15 hoursswalking around in  complete silence until you come across another team and suddenly 7 more teams come out of nowhere like its the finale scene from Tenet.

Message 7 of 17 (3,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Storm Point is the second biggest misstep after no solos.

I also won't play it anymore.

Message 8 of 17 (3,544 Views)

★★★ Expert
@NxT_Osirity I'm genuinely sorry people seem to dislike this map. The thing I like about it seems to be exactly what everyone else hates: It's easier to control pace-of-play on a bigger map, and easier for encounters to be at least somewhat about strategy and not just about the same tired old two shot wingman meta.
Message 9 of 17 (3,432 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It feels terrible having to sit through matches that are just not fund due to the map. Gets to the point where me and duos teamate just opt to get off and wait until this map switches. Its really frustrating. Just need to switch up the landscape and add better open interior buildings. Close quarter buildings with complex interiors are not as fun as they sound. 

Message 10 of 17 (3,386 Views)