See ya in season 12

by bananarepublic94

Original Post

See ya in season 12

★★★ Apprentice

Storm Point is so bad and is not suitable for Apex and I can't believe it actually got approved. Or no, im not surprised with all the questionable decision the dev team has made this is just another dumb decision among many. The map is too big, the POIs are boring and you run a marathon every game looking for a fight until you no longer care. Apex is a fast paced battle royale, HELLO?? Players want close range intense gunfights, not rotating for 10 minutes straight not finding anyone. But hey, at least you can bide your time killing spiders and prowlers, 

Good job removing the core essence of what makes apex so great. I'll try again in 3 months I guess... Can't believe the only content we get is one new map every 9 months and all you come up with is this trash. I would rather watch GOT season 8 over and over again than play another game on this map. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,300 Views)

Re: See ya in season 12

★★★ Novice
I disagree. Storm point is one of the best maps.
Message 2 of 10 (1,211 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@bananarepublic94 people say storm point is too big now you're saying worlds edge is too large, which one is it?
Message 3 of 10 (1,140 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I see your point. This map is trash and its not really fun when fighting is always out in the open. I don't think they really took their time on this map. Like it looks cool don't get me wrong but it doesn't deliver that experience you want from Apex Legends. Hopefully Devs add more buildings and jump towers cause this map isn't worth being a ranked map.

Message 4 of 10 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Walkmin what are you talking about? He's saying storm point is too big, which it is.
Message 5 of 10 (1,030 Views)

★ Guide
@bananarepublic94 I see you made up your mind. Sorry you feel that way. But i personally love storm point.
Message 6 of 10 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Novice

There is a lot of things about Storm Point that I like. The visuals. The uniqueness like cannons and what-not. It just has a lot of issues that needs to be worked out. What is frustrating is just having Storm Point and Worlds Edge be the only maps in rotation. If we had more maps in rotation it would be less annoying. 

The biggest issues with the map are:

- The loot distribution is too sparse and spread out.

- Most squads hot drop immediately at the edge of the map, so I'm guessing the POI's are not interesting/rewarding enough to wait.

- Too much walking without action, likely because squads are not spread out.

- The map is too big/open to the point where snipers are king

- Ring issues

Worlds Edge may not be a favorite for everyone, but it has some interesting POI's with rewarding loot and those that want action usually hot drop on the city, which is in the middle of the map. People tend to be spread out more, so it usually doesn't take long to find action.

Like I get that it will take some time to fix the issues with the map. In the mean time it would be awesome if the other maps were added back in rotation to make Storm Point less painful. More variety doesn't hurt.

Message 7 of 10 (868 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@bananarepublic94 I disagree, storm point is so much better than worlds edge. Would rather play only storm point than a single match of worlds edge
Message 8 of 10 (852 Views)

★★ Expert

I love Storm Point, for me this is second best map together with King's Canyon.

Message 9 of 10 (839 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Stormpoint is fun and all, I just don't like being ran over by Prowlers while fighting a team, and I don't find it fair or fun when other teams are the ones being 3rd partied by the Prowlers.

Message 10 of 10 (677 Views)