Re: S5 Kings Canyon Hues & Contrasts Bad!

by xpl0its

Original Post

S5 Kings Canyon Hues & Contrasts Bad!

★★★★★ Guide

Hello EA,

I hope I'm not the only one seeing this, but now in Kings Canyon the overall look is a Pinkish Hue, and in many places where the sun shines on the map, the contrast sometimes appear to washed out, until moving into a less lit area.

I'm assuming the reason for the overall color changes is, to give the map a look of a different time setting, like a sunset or sunrise, but the colors are off!

The original Kings Canyon colors were better, and I hope you'll fix this, because it looks bad now...

Message 1 of 10 (795 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too but I  have this problem in moments is not permanent 

Message 2 of 10 (759 Views)

★★ Expert
@xpl0its I haven't experienced this.
I think they increased the contrast a little or something, but i'm fairly certain they didn't make it pink.
Message 3 of 10 (711 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Sir_Named

I said 'Pinkish' and I didn't really explain that, I meant, just a slight pink hue, so if I had to guess to explain even better, a 5-15% difference.

The clay color is not the same, that's for sure, it now has a slight pink, of this percentage to the overall look of the clay.

I wouldn't say it's all over, all the time, I notice it on the Drop Ship, and when the light is bright in certain areas.

To most people that have never played the map, it's not even going to be that noticeable.
Message 4 of 10 (673 Views)

★★ Expert
@xpl0its Oh, I see. Yeah, I still have no clue, haven't experienced/noticed this.
Message 5 of 10 (661 Views)

★★★ Pro
@xpl0its Have you tried changing the graphics settings? You can play with shadows and colors based on your preference. There is even a "color blind mode" with 4 different options in video settings, see if any of them can help.
Message 6 of 10 (618 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

There's nothing wrong with my settings.

If you've played the game since Season 1, people should notice this, it's more noticeable on the Drop Ship in various lighting...

Some places while running around it's noticeable, as in the color is not as clay rich as it was before, some might say a little washed out, etc... lending to the slight off pink hues, but it's really very slight, even to the point you'd have to of played a lot on KC in Season 1 to realize the difference...

I've gotten use to it...

I've used like 2 different driver versions, so I don't consider it an nvidia issue, but who knows...

It's all good...

Message 7 of 10 (580 Views)

respawn plz fix the contrast on ps4

★★ Novice

i am playing this game from day 1 never had problems before .now after the season 5 update the visibility is so bad its like the game is darker now and its hard to aim.plz fix this 

Message 8 of 10 (546 Views)

Re: respawn plz fix the contrast on ps4

★★ Novice

its like u r punishing people whose monitors r not compatible with this contrast

Message 9 of 10 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I sincerely agree with these remarks! I really loved the old color of Kings Canyon. It was okay for World's Edge, since it was it's own entity, but I liked the bright and lively Kings Canyon.

I play on Console so there isn't much for me to really change in terms of graphics or hues and whatnot, but yes. I absolutely see the difference. it's like Kings Canyon is now played during the evening?

Message 10 of 10 (447 Views)