River Areas feel too samey

by JigsawnLives

Original Post

River Areas feel too samey

★★★ Newbie

For me the central river areas feel really similar to each other and are hard to differentiate. Especially at the riverbed level. Each river area is filled with shanty town style buildings without memorable layouts, with the only defining landmarks being the overlooking concrete towers, or the Bunker at that part of the river. I honestly find it hard to know which part of the river I'm at when I arrive, compared to most of the rest of the map where the strong layouts and distinct visual designs make them very memorable. I can list you off a ton of stories from other parts of the map but combat in the river zones generally is unremarkable, the most interesting interplay at the river usually based around the concrete towers or the large "bowl" slope in one of the river areas.

I would like to see two of these river areas being reworked in both visual design and gameplay to make them a bit more distinctive and interesting to play around. Perhaps one could be focussed on bridges. Another on waterfalls. I realise you still need areas that are fast to traverse and have good sightlines as the river runs through the centre of the map and is a high traffic area. But more variety would be welcome! 

Message 1 of 1 (294 Views)