Please remove a specific sound from the game

by 6Kaiser3

Original Post

Please remove a specific sound from the game

★★★ Novice

I get PTSD from a specific sound that is on Worlds Edge at open Spaces like Outlook, Trails and behind the Refinery

For me it's sounds alsmost the same as my father shouting my name when i did something wrong and am instantly in shock because of that sound - no further explaination for that from my side....
(like a shout of an animal or something like that; it occures randomly)

I have been avoiding that places for that reason, but if the zone needs me to be there i have to; but its no fun because i already know that that sound occures and my performance drops to a minimum because of that.

This really comes to a point where i dont want to play this map anymore

I know it may be just one person but i beg you please remove that sound; its annoying as * and doesnt contribute anything to the game for me besides really really bad childhood memories...

Message 1 of 5 (1,330 Views)

Re: Please remove a specific sound from the game

★★★ Novice

anything at all?

Message 2 of 5 (1,149 Views)

@6Kaiser3 

You said "I get PTSD from a specific sound that is on Worlds Edge at open Spaces like Outlook, Trails and behind the Refinery"

I am sorry that no one has replied to you so far. 

I know that my answer/suggestion may be somewhat unsatisfying for you, but if an in-game sound on a specific map triggers a health issue you have, you should probably avoid playing at the time when that map is in rotation.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 3 of 5 (937 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Asmodeus566 🤣 maybe I am able to delete the games sound file 😂
Message 4 of 5 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]

@6Kaiser3 I have been thinking about your issue and hope you visit back here to see this post which may help you. 

I've linked below to a AHQ thread of mine, about improving the sound of footsteps in the game for pc users, and links therein to the free software to do that.

The software is called Steel Series Sonar. 

You may be able to use it to get rid of the sound that disturbs you. 

SSS is like a digital eq, (but more) so you may be able to pinpoint the sound and diminish it's impact. The one caveat is that you may also diminish other in game sounds too, but at least you could play the game without any trepidation. 

Unfortunatly you may need to capture the sound to id it and be able to eq it out through experimentation. Perhaps someone could help you with that. 

Please let me know how you get on. Large smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Improve-in-game-sounds-how-to/m-p/11720065#M216004

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 5 of 5 (834 Views)