Overflow/Arena Feedback

by TheGhostOfKiev

Original Post

Overflow/Arena Feedback

★★★ Guide

Arenas has been plagued with issues and complaints since launch, whether it be leavers, afks, bugs, daily and battle pass challenges, match-making, and maps that just don't seem right.

I, myself, have made many such complaints, as I have felt that the whole Arenas experience has been awful, but now is also time for praise. Overflow is easily the best Arena map yet!

IMO, Arena is meant to be close-combat 3v3, where the majority of a map can be utilized. The Arena gameplay should be about fighting, not about hiding or camping. The rest of the Arena maps that we have seen so far have had large areas of wasted space, whether that be horizonal or vertical wasted space.

Arenas should feel frantic, intense, and meaningful, rather than minutes spent trying to find the enemies and/or camping a great spot. It's all about the fighting.

Overflow provides that.

I look forward to Ranked Arenas, where we can look forward to much improved match-making, allowing for better matches and more fun. Also, more improved maps that allow the close-combat fire-fights to really shine.

Most of all, I look forward to a time when Arenas is no longer a game-mode that needs to be propped-up by events and free skins, but a fully different mode that people play when they just want fights, without the looting and huge maps.

Importantly, Arena needs to be different than BR, maybe even drastically so, otherwise why wouldn't you just play BR? Maybe that means more emphasis on smaller maps, removing the need or use of sniper rifles, since the entire purpose of being a sniper is antithetical to the gameplay of Arenas. (So is making multiple Sniper Battle Pass challenges for a mode that has no use for them.)

In the end, the Arena mode will either succeed or fail based on how similar or different the devs feel it should be from the main BR.

I'm no dev, but I can tell you the closer it is to BR, the less players will play it, and the more events and skins you will need to prop it up.

Allow it to be different, focus on the fighting, less wasted area.

Players love action. Give it to them.

Message 1 of 6 (717 Views)

Re: Overflow/Arena Feedback

★★ Expert
@TheGhostOfKiev I also believe Skull Town and Over Flow have been the best Arena Maps so far because there really wasn’t any camping but if you wanted to on Skull Town you had plenty of areas to bunker up as caustic or wattson while they are useless on most other arena maps, so far I have been enjoying overflow because the matches are fast paced but give it a few weeks and once everyone learns the map it will be a sweat fest lol
Message 2 of 6 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@TheGhostOfKievArena is unbalanced. SBMM is BAD. Just give me always good player.

Message 3 of 6 (656 Views)

★★★ Guide
@iPyromix How is Arena "unbalanced"? If all you are referring to is the matchmaking, that is an issue in every game mode, not just Arena.
Message 4 of 6 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@TheGhostOfKievI hate overflow, you can't fight someone seriously without loosing track of him or getting instantly flanked from 2 other directions it's annoying.

This means you constantly need to worry about where the other two could be and cant focus on actual fighting because you need to be careful to not get lasered in the open even though there are a lot of walls.

There's just so much stuff to hide behind its too much stuff.

Also rounds on this map either take forever or are done after 20 seconds which is also not the best imo.

I dont think arenas should be close combat only which this map provocates. You could just go into normals and hotdrop if you're looking for that experience.
It just make half of all weapons aka marksman and sniper so useless in most fights on the map. Thats not how it should be.

Message 5 of 6 (632 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ChrysIsChrisis The gamemode is called 'Arenas', not 'Wide-Open Areas'. By definition Arenas should be a smaller enclosure.
Message 6 of 6 (608 Views)