Re: Olympus

by Tperodactyl

Original Post

Olympus

★★★★★ Apprentice

As you will never Olympus (sadly, cause its trash) at least increase loot.

Message 1 of 9 (1,079 Views)

Olympus is desperate for fun.

★★★★ Apprentice

So this map has caught my attention because sometimes I’ll stream and notice i’m lacking fun content for my stream. World's Edge you can at least get into fight pretty quickly. This map is so damn big that its screaming and desperate for fun. Like as soon as you hear a gun shot go off everyone is there because its like 5-10 mins sometimes without shooting anyone and all people want to is play the game.

By that I mean I’ll spend time looting for 5-10 mins instead of looting because its so quiet. The map is way too big and instead of putting the map into a regular playlist, why not just make it its own playlist with more teams and more players. That way people or more likely to fight rather then walk around for so long looking for one. Even adding more points of interest. 

Sometimes the map even has sound bugs. Me and my long list of friends notice this too to where foot steps are barely heard. This shouldn’t have been a ranked map in the first place because of all the known issues in the past that still take place. I been playing the game since the first month it came out. Def not a rookie so Respawn please do something about because you will have competition when new games come out this year.

Message 2 of 9 (954 Views)

olympus is a horrible map

★ Guide

all the teams loot up, spend all their time looking for fights so when one finally breaks out everyone rushes to it, and it's a complete clusterfuck. most ranked games are done by the third zone. this map is absolute asscheeks

Message 3 of 9 (979 Views)

Re: olympus is a horrible map

★★★ Guide

Yes, its terrible.

3rd ranked season there, and 3rd awful. It is simply not enjoyable to play. There is too much open ground, probably to use trident, but no one wants to do so.

People are firing at you from much greater distance, due to the open ground again, this attracts other teams, and there is often no place to hide.

Message 4 of 9 (949 Views)

Re: olympus is a horrible map

★★ Guide
@HeyNameDoesntFi The triangle between Turbine, Estates, and Hammond Labs is called the Triangle of Lost RP. Fire one shot and 8 teams will materialize.
Message 5 of 9 (935 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree. Too many open spaces. I’m getting shot halfway across the map by lame * charge rifles. Yet the devs focus on kings canyon like that’s the problem. Whatever.

Message 6 of 9 (936 Views)

I skip Olympus

★★★ Novice

I refuse to play Olympus or even ranked right now while Olympus is the rotation. You guys act like kings canyon is the problem and it’s not. Olympus is way to open, especially when I’m getting charge rifled across the map.

Message 7 of 9 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Papacastoroyou dont love finding 2 mags, 1 grenade and one pile of ammo in every room to go to?

i just opened a bin as lifeline. 8 syringes, 1 mozambique with shotgun ammo and a grenade. great game you have here respawn. couldnt be any better

Message 8 of 9 (923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm just replying to this because it was the first comment in the forum.

Ok, so me and my friend were in ranked on olympus today and found an insanely broken rat spot with caustic and octane. We basically tried to climb a mountain with octane jump pads and we were able to stay on top of said mountain with my caustic traps because the mountain did not have the return to combat message and timer. Also, we were allowed to place the jump pads and traps on the mountain like it was regular terrain. The only thing that we couldn't do was regularly stand on it because it was making us slide of so we had to jump to stay on it. The zone was in the mountain for 3 circles and if it was the entire game we might've been able to win just by basically being unkillable.

I did start recording so we could document it, but there is only desktop audio. I can't show the whole video because of the size but I do have some screen shots to show you how we were able to place everything and stay up there.

Message 9 of 9 (764 Views)