Olympus is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

by 031567

Original Post

Re: Olympus is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

★ Novice

Please let we to change the map and off this rotation. Olympus is unplayable. Only luck or not. Third party map... Its a big mistake than the sbmm in casual matches. Sorry but its true..

Message 21 of 47 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If you guys adjust and take the time to get better on the map then you'll improve and not hate it as much. You're used to World's Edge where 80% of the map lands in Fragment East, dies in 30 seconds and then everyone has to run across a giant, empty, open space for the rest of the game. Try working on your aim, landing shots, positioning, etc and you'll do better on a less RNG (and less 5th, 6th partying) based map.

Message 22 of 47 (1,002 Views)

★ Guide
@Midnight9746 Want to move faster amigo? Lose the Loincloth! -Octane Quote (your welcome quote to Rev.)

Either way, Olympus is a good map? Haha, now I know why Octane wanted to leave Olympus and his Family so bad.

There so many problems with Olympus and I've had quite a few games on Olympus and also bad ones, but in all my good/bad games I haven't had fun once. It's honestly SO BORING! Open areas and 3rd parties (not fun) Olympus is just... lame. Honestly there's so few areas where squads fight besides Hammond Labs (also no loot there). Most of the time (for a bad match) your just wondering around till your shot at, or land with every squad with no loot. It's beyond a bad map. ALMOST the whole map feels like swamps on KC or Dome on WE. Nothing but loot, but the difference with Olympus is that since the WHOLE map is full of loot (except Hammond Labs) everyone just loots and waits for the signal to 3rd.

KC and WE: Land grab something fight

Olympus at Hammond Labs: No Loot and Fight
Olympus (period): Loot and wait to 3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th party

I HATE looting, and waiting so guess what I'm the poor Octane running in circles for loot to fight with and then get into a hundred fights before dying with no loot and weakened. While the rest of the skin-bags stand in line waiting the third.

At least on WE and KC there was no line to wait in before you fought
Message 23 of 47 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@031567 I've noticed that on Olympus you can 3rd, 4th, 5th, ect party, and that in of it self is annoying. At least on the other two maps, there's places where you can land and get what you need, on Olympus everywhere is a hotspot. People almost always land Oasis, Gardens, Orbital Canon, Docks, etc. with very few going to the rift and the place next to the turbine. Actually, for most players and even for me, the turbine doesn't even seem like it should be a named area. It feels like a in-between areas location.

I get why people hate Olympus, just wish people gave feedback that didn't sound like they're just complaining.
Message 24 of 47 (980 Views)

★★ Novice

I feel completely different about this I actually like the new map and I never liked WE. I quit playing the game when they made that map it felt too big and desolate with 5 story buildings that felt so bad to fight in. Everyone lands in one spot and 90% of the lobby is dead in 5 min. If you land somewhere else you dont see anyone till there are only 2 squads left. I always wished you could just pick your map of preference and let people p[lay what they want. Only reason Im even here is becuase I was playing apex and now the map rotation is on WE and that just kills it for me.

Message 25 of 47 (972 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

not to mention falling off the map in the middle of a fight

Message 26 of 47 (967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Midnight9746I think us as a community for Apex is tired on get stepped over. We ask for new content and then when we do get content it's garbage.

Take Winter-Express for Example: in the Dev-Stream they seemed so excited and proud of what they've done this holiday Season. All they did was add supply ships (WOW). And then they didn't seem like they play tested it AT ALL. Between the Defense characters, devotion and grenade spam. (And last year it was my favorite event, now I hate it) Heck they didn't even bother to add snow it's just copy and past of S3. PATHETIC, it's like they don't even try.

THAT'S OLYMPUS!! Doesn't seem play tested, 3rd-8th partied, garbage design, etc, etc.

I'm sorry to say, but i feel sorry for this Apex community; because I don't think these devs just don't care or put any (or barely any) work or ideas into play.

Message 27 of 47 (947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There’s more to it than “thinking ahead”. Luck is heavily involved here. You could finish a team, get third parties and escape just to run into another team and then win that fight just to get third parties and have no where to go and no time to heal. Happens all the time on this map because people land EVERYWHERE in Olympus and there is a high chance that you will run into one or multiple teams every direction you go with little to no cover to get around. Sure you can plan ahead by deciding not to jump in a fight or rat out and just poke from range the whole game but that’s a terribly boring way to play Apex for most people. The map is too accessible for 3rd+ parties to immediately jump in regardless of how far away they are. Even pros are frustrated with this and you cannot say that they don’t know how to plan ahead as they are the best at it and it’s still a big problem for them.

Message 28 of 47 (943 Views)

★ Guide
@TCG_Maximus Plan ahead, why not think with grenade first?

P.S. Because it's going to be the only loot you have when you land any-where. But at least you'll go with a bang.
Message 29 of 47 (921 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think I've found at least my solution at least for this garbage map......I log in, see it's on Olympus, note when the rotation is over.....go do something else til WE comes back.

I refuse to waste my time getting 5th partied, especially when you can't hear a GOD DAMN thing anymore....I don't know what's worse, the map or the sh*t sounds

Message 30 of 47 (917 Views)