Olympus is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

by 031567

Original Post

Olympus is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

★ Guide

Sorry to say, but I've played since release.

There's been a lot of bad moments and content droughts in Apex before and that's okay.

There's been time's when I've wanted to Quit before

I now own every Octane skin ever and heirloom, because I enjoyed the game for a long time, even the bad times (sometimes)

Now I was super-hyped for Season 7, and then...

First few match grew into a lot, because of "FIRST BLOOD" every match

Then days went by, and it got better.

Here's the problem:

-No Loot

-WAY TOO OPEN Area's

-Bad building Designs

-Bugs

Too easy to move around part of the map, while the other take's too long

-3rd Parties more often

-Unbalanced High verses Low ground

Just overall bad Map design, Jump-pads can't get to some area's, and it's to open to backup or push.

I've never died so much and often in just barely a week of playing

Trident's need a different design than being on the ground, I believe they should be more for flight. (Don't Fall off the map so much or bump into things) Plus no need for Octane or Path < Trident

Honestly; just start Season 7 back over, or something. Go back to Season 6 and will player's work on doing the Season 7 battle pass. Remove Olympus and just start over. It's the Worst map and Season so far. I can't believe I was so hyped. To get garbage.

This actually might be the best idea too, just remove Olympus for now and bring it back in a week or two after you fixed everything Respawn. This still allows Season 8 to be released before Feb. 4th And everything kind of stays on schedule.

Message 1 of 47 (12,228 Views)

Re: Olympus is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

★★ Apprentice
@031567 Agree, count me out
Message 2 of 47 (12,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed, this map is garbage. I was just starting to enjoy this game but now it seems necessary to quit until the old maps come back. I've tried this for several days and either it's impossible to start without landing with 3 teams or you wander around and find no one and fall off the map because it was not designed with the ring in mind.

Message 3 of 47 (12,178 Views)

★★★ Guide
@031567 okay see your points of view but give them a break the season just started
Message 4 of 47 (12,129 Views)

★ Guide
@frostysniper1942 I was giving them a break for Season 5 and 6 for not giving us barely any content once so ever. I just let that go, but this (Season 7) was make or break.

The whole reason we had no content in Season 5 and 6 is SO that they can work harder and devote more time for Season 7, so they can finish it up; so it's perfected so we can play it and enjoy it.

Yes, the Season just started, but they've been working on this for a while (more than 6 months) and it's garbage. Even World's Edge is better.

I will say that this is the MOST Legend Balanced Season Yet (it only took almost 2 years)(heck; it took a year and a half to buff Octane the first time)
Message 5 of 47 (12,117 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed! They hyped it so much, and this came out? Endless mazes, 300m+ high grounds which make sniping hard due to projectile speed, loot is messed up, now barely enough heavy ammo, and mozambiques everywhere. Too bad we're forced to play on this pile of garbage....

Message 6 of 47 (12,106 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've not experienced any of these problems. Do you think perhaps the problem is that this map is so big it's taking you a bit longer to learn it, which is making you frustrated?

Message 7 of 47 (12,099 Views)

★ Guide
@Kazer13 I spent quite a bit between preview and regular modes on Olympus. I'm pretty sure I nailed down the map knowledge wise. Oh yeah I died there to the ring, there for having no loot, oh and over there too fighting over 5 squads.
Message 8 of 47 (12,050 Views)

★ Guide
@031567 People like to say "don't play a br if you don't like getting third partied", and I tend to agree, but when I'm getting fifth and sixth partied back to back to back it starts to get a bit frustrating.
Message 9 of 47 (12,038 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's just the original King's Canyon, but with the same amount of sporadic loot and MORE third parties. It's such a stressful map. Constantly getting pinched and 3rd partied. I've never experienced it like this in all my seasons of Apex.

Message 10 of 47 (12,004 Views)