Re: Olympus is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

by papahandsoap

Original Post

★ Guide

I gotta add to this: The addition of Horizon and Valkyrie have really contributed to the height-camping play style of Olympus. I really enjoy having a bright map, but the map has such a wildly different play style from other maps. Let's hope no one sees us while we rotate through vast open areas where there is little to no playable cover, or fight through an insanely loot-packed area. Octane is semi-useful for rotating on this map, but he's not nearly as usable as he is on KC or WE. Adding someone like Valk to the map design itself has just increased the amount of out of map/absurd height camping. I do not have any good experiences on Olympus even after the Icarus addition. 

Message 41 of 47 (1,205 Views)

★ Guide
@031567 This post aged well. Olympus is too large and it isn't large in a good way. It's either too easy or too time consuming to rotate between POIs and a lot of the map's spread out structure encourages third, fourth, and fifth parties.
Message 42 of 47 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@031567 This map is BUNS
Message 43 of 47 (902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@031567The only thing in the list that still stands is the bad building design

Message 44 of 47 (881 Views)

★★ Guide
@031567 IMO, Olympus is the only good map, but it's fine that we disagree. The community seems rather split on this as well. A simple solution would be to allow players to choose the map they want to play. Fun isn't allowed in Apex though.
Message 45 of 47 (865 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Christ, they've done it again. Storm Point is even worse. Sure, it's a beautiful map but ABSOLUTE GARBAGE to cooperate with a team of strangers on. Stupid.

Message 46 of 47 (733 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

1. Olympus

2. KC

3. WE

....a huge pile of *

9999999. Storm point

Message 47 of 47 (681 Views)