Re: Olympus Is Amazing

by zombieshoota5000

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@VaultTheHavoc It all depends on how smart you play and every game isn’t the same and people could land at different locations and even if y’all do land at the same you still have the chance of killing them instead.
Message 21 of 28 (411 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@zombieshoota5000 People want to complain about there being a new map and what do you know? Here It Is. You get what you get.
Message 22 of 28 (397 Views)

★ Guide

Alright seems that there are way different perspectives of Olympus

Hi, I'm the one who started the trend of OLYMPUS IS ABSOLUTE GARABGE!

So before I say anything here my ranking of my favorite maps

1.Kings Canyon

3. World's Edge

13. Olympus

I saw that many of you don't like KC and that the whole reasons we don't have KC is because the devs are working on it, due to all the complaints. But what's wrong with KC? I never really got 3rd partied much in KC mostly (or not as fast) as WE and/or Olympus. There were loot issues though on KC, but not third parties as often, I was always able to heal mostly, now on We or Olympus I can't even get 1 shield off..,

I though KC was our best and most original map we've ever had. The choke points can either stop you from getting third partied or start new fights. THOUGH I DO believe that Season 5 of KC did ruin it, instead of changing areas like swamps or open areas of what was near Wetlands. The devs REMOVE/CHANGE Skulltown, Thunderdome, Wetlands, etc

Removing or Changing these areas was the wrong move and I guess what ruined KC, but even the Season 5 version of KC is so much better than Olympus period. At least on KC theirs cover, better positioning, places for distance and close range fights, everything!

On Olympus you can do three things:

Land in the middle of no-where get loot and go around waiting to get shot or third party

Land in Hammond Labs and have a fist fight with no loot

Land in-say Estates (or somewhere else) and stay there the whole match until you die (from all the 3rd parties)

On KC or World's Edge I would say almost the same, BUT when you do get in a fight another squad may come, maybe even two. But at least there is a rock to sit behind, or building or anything. And if you don't have cover most characters can either get to close enough cover with their abilities or hold the cover with their abilities. ON OLYMPUS though you would have to run a mile or so just to get to cover, but by the time your at the so far away cover your going for another squad shows up.

So yeah as much potential Olympus has, it just garbage; doesn't seem it was even play tested by the devs. There's so few choke points to prevent 3rd parties and loot and cover are so spread out it's pathetic. 

Message 23 of 28 (391 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@031567 Kings canyon was big and open when I say big I mean hills everywhere and there was not much cover, the best cover would be a tree or a rock and you would be lucky to be behind a good rock, there was not much buildings like between all the named locations there was barely any buildings, just big hills and in Olympus there’s actually those buildings between the named locations and even on hills there be these small ledges that you could hide behind and plus Olympus just started, wait until we get more into the game with other seasons and events between them.
Message 24 of 28 (374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to play Olympus for ranked, it is THE MOST IRRATING THING YOU JUST GET 3RD PARTIED AND 3RD PARTIED, FROM HOW OPEN THE MAP IS,   NO ONE GETS TO MATSER RANKED ON THIS MAP NO ONE,  EITHER YOU CHANGE RANKED RULES OR YOU BRING RANKED FOR KINGS CANYO OR WORLDS EDGE

Message 25 of 28 (353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Play ranked on diamond with olympus and your opinion will change

Message 26 of 28 (353 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Zx-DARK-X I already am and nothing changes....
Message 27 of 28 (348 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@zombieshoota5000 You shouldn’t be blaming the map when it’s the people that are causing the problem.
Message 28 of 28 (322 Views)