New map suggestion

by iAim_iShot_iMiss

Original Post

New map suggestion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've always been fascinated by rotating space habitats and hoped to see a battle royale game inside one. Apex is my fav game at the moment and since it is set far into the future, it'd be awesome if the devs could add a new map in space, featuring an O'neill cylinder or a Stanford torus, along with areas with zero g. So basically if you look up, you could see the other side of the map and shoot down enemies. Think of places in the movie Interstellar or Elysium. Maybe source engine doesn't allow that kind of tweaks but I believe Respawn is capable enough to make it happen. This could really set Apex apart from other games of similar genre because literally not a single fps game has done it before. Of course, you'd have to think of new ways to make the initial drops and ultimate abilities of some legends like Gibby and Bangalore look more believable. You wouldn't need a ship to drop inside an O'neill cylinder because the center is where the gravity becomes zero and you wouldn't feel it until you set a foot on the surface. Maybe make it so that once you get high enough using balloons and such you can fly around forever with your booster? It'd be a bit chaotic but it could be super fun at the same time. I'd love to know what you think about this!

Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)

Re: New map suggestion

★★★★ Guide
@iAim_iShot_iMiss I do like the idea of seemingly "normal" environments... but in space. Like seeing trees or other "earth-y" biomes. Zero gravity seems like a fun idea, considering it could incorporate mechanics such as the Double-Jump that has been introduced recently.
Definitely a nice idea; Perhaps these ideas, or at least some of them can be considered for future developments? Who knows.
Message 2 of 2 (270 Views)