Re: NOT ENOUGH MAPS!!!!!!!

by SugaryJuice

Original Post

NOT ENOUGH MAPS!!!!!!!

★★★ Newbie

This is sadly killing the best games, this game has generated enough income to have a map release every single season, don't add to maps or make changes to maps give us new maps entirely that just alternate! This is the one thing as a gamer that is turning me and all my friends away from playing this game and others is the lack of out of store content. Quit warzone for the exact reason and I invested heavily in this game and that! The lack of maps is starting to really outweigh the fun and you're sadly gonna start losing all of us! Cant cost more then you generate to have a developer on hand just making a map a season you have so much passive income with the store! 8 seasons and we are playing one map for a week straight like give me a break that's literally insanity for us! This is horrible management of funding! Those of us who are daily players are going to just run to the newest game and leave this if you don't start to invest in the players that invest in you! So tired of seeing this be an issue with companies that can easily afford to not make the same mistakes. Everything else is right about your game to keep it living a long healthy life! Free to play, cross play, anti cheat, and micro transactions have proved to be the way to a successful game. Options... I'm already so bored of season 8 that I'm waiting til this map is over to even play again that's the problem I take with gaming right now! Please don't be a statistic and listen to people who have a passion and love for apex legends and only want to see it surpass it's rivalry! Thank you 

Message 1 of 9 (793 Views)

★★ Expert
@mirahgirl01 I don’t really have an issue with the lack of maps available but it would be cool if they brought back the previous versions of the maps for an LTM like everyday would be a new version of the map starting from og kings canyon to present
Message 2 of 9 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@mirahgirl01If it'll tide you over I've had three ideas for maps with lots of features just check apex evolution, apex: Phoenix rising, and apex: Aquarius here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Creators-Corner/D-K-s-legends/m-p/9975794#M5742

Message 3 of 9 (750 Views)

★ Guide

For a battle royale, we don't need more maps. We need a better map. We need a versatile, balanced map like Blackout, give or take a few areas. King's Canyon in all its forms is garbage. There are too many fishbowls, wide open spaces sitting under ledges with perfect lines of sight, ridiculous camping spots, incredibly tight spots and an absolutely stupid loot table. I'm not sure why they brought this garbage map back. People were so happy on World's Edge, and now we have King's Canyon, with the Elysium of loot spots i.e. crash site. I mean come on.

Message 4 of 9 (714 Views)

★★★★ Novice

you're right.. there was a map for every season.. been 8 seasons.. but now there's only 2 maps???.

Message 5 of 9 (600 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@mirahgirl01 It's too much work to have a map EVERY season. Too many maps will be a overflow and ruin the game experience. And I bet there's lots of work with just creating one map with the size and shape of the map to the details to fixing any broken areas in the map and more to that and then they must make it which isn't that simple. The map is a large big area meaning you need to think of lots of different places and they all need to be unique and there's only so many ideas of places and buildings you could have to the point where there isn't any.
Message 6 of 9 (586 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@mirahgirl01 Plus the fact they have even more work with working of things other than the map and then working on current maps with any bugs and stuff in the map and then think of map changes for events and more.
Message 7 of 9 (585 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@zombieshoota5000 err no I totally disagree.. have you ever made maps for the source engine?, because I have and they're not difficult at all to 'fix' as majority of the bugs are not map issues but wider issues with the game.. if Respawn made it so custom maps were made or needed issues fixing maps i'd gladly help them.
Message 8 of 9 (569 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm 100% with you I do fine it frustrating that there are only 3 map in the game. KC, WE and OP. So I think adding 3 more maps would make it more refreshing to player as it does get quite boring playing 1 map for a long length of time. 

Message 9 of 9 (512 Views)