Re: Megathread: World's Edge map feedback at launch

by joeleek

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

There have been a lot of spot-on comments in this thread so far. I am new to Apex, and was so surprised by how good it was, thinking it would be just another FN. The level of communication one can have with teammates without using a mic is brilliant. Gameplay is very good overall, and the map (King’s Canyon) was fun to play on. I started this new season and was like: let’s find somewhere interesting and fun to drop...I didn’t find anywhere. I played three matches. Boring, ugly, bad layout. I could go on, but others have already said enough.

Message 41 of 104 (1,132 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't get these game developers nowadays, why not allow players to choose? Why are we forced to play a map without the option of choosing something else? This will 100% result in player loss.

Map seems too bright, too cartoony, like fortnite.
Drops are hit or miss, either you get a ton of choice or you're running around with a P2020 for 10minutes to run into a squad fully equipped.
Eventhough the map seems bigger, there's less places to land, out of 40 games, not a single game we were on our own, there's always 2-3 squads around us, and trust me we tried every-single spot on the god-damned map. I think there's too much dead space.

In summary, I would prefer to play on King's Canyon.

Message 42 of 104 (1,112 Views)

★★ Novice

This map ruined Apex. I stopped play andI quit, if they don't bring back old map i days.

Message 43 of 104 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EA most likely pushed this crap map. They want sales on other games published by them the upcoming months. EA been notorious for the foul play to developers.

Message 44 of 104 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I totally agree! This map is absolute bullsh*t. Apex is no more fun. Frown Really loved this game - but now.. destroyed. Give us the old map back!! Please. 

Message 45 of 104 (1,072 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The new map just ruined the game. The towns are to big, the only fights you’ll ever encounter now are awkward fights inside a building with 400 floors in it vs a caustic or you’ll be caught in a tunnel or an open area.

the game now looks like a cheap copy of fortnite or something.

I have over 600 hours in this game, and it will probably won’t be anymore. That kinda sucks.

Message 46 of 104 (1,055 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_BlueberryAdanmc95 This new map is designed only for sniping/long range fights and it's waaaaay too big. The loot is just so poor and there is too much distance in between places. Some legends also are now useless.

I have been playing for 2 days now and i have won like 6-7 games, and even in those games i felt like bored in between fights looking for enemies.

i gave an oportunity to the new map but, it's just a big disaster...
Message 47 of 104 (1,031 Views)

Re: Beautiful!!!

★★★★ Novice

Troll much. You sound like a robot lmao

Message 48 of 104 (997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have played this game since it came out. Played until i was level 100 and after got bored.

Came back in midway season 1 because i liked the new battle pass and daily/weekly challanges  (this kept me interested to keep playing) 

I enjoyed season 2 alot (Ranked games are good!), games felt realy nice, fast, competitive and guns and legends were well ballanced.

Also the map, was nice and open and felt realy fast,fun and well balanced.

Apex Legends is the only game i played the past months, have no touched any other that game how much i was enjoying playing this!.

As everyone else, i got hyped about season 3. New map, new legend, new gun, new battlepas HYPE HYPE!

Bought the premium battlepass straight away and jumped into the battlefield.

but DAMN .... this map is absolutely trash. It looks trash, all the buildings are copy paste etc.

- There is almost no fast paced games anymore, the map is WAY too big for 60players and there is WAY too much hiding spots.

Also trying to revive ur team is impossible, sometimes ur so far apart because the looting area are so far apart!! to much ground to cover trying to revive!!, or you simply can      not get to them because of closed areas!!!

- This map is made for snipers and campers, that is TOTALLY not what made Apex popular. (FAST PACED GAMING)

- High ground is very important in FPS games, the old map was well balanced and squads were actually fighting to get into the high ground.

This new map is basicly high ground everywhere, when u walk on the ground ur basicly dead. Wich is utter bull*!!

- Loot, where is the loot????

I could go on and on and on...but i will not.

There is two options for me:

- Bring back old map ( or let people choose between maps, do not force a complete new map on ur community, but edit a area of the map!!! )

- If this will be the only map played, i will not enjoy this game anymore and switch too something else, shame but this map is terrible.

Message 49 of 104 (978 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

A lot of people complained that Kings Canyon wasn’t updated enough (my self being one of them), a lot of people complained they wanted a new map. Now they have brought out a brand new map, not just a small update a lot of people are still complaining. Some people will never be happy. 

Perhaps the best way to please everyone is to have both maps available, however I think that would be a bad move. I do like the new map, however if I had a choice between the two I would probably choose KC simply because I know the map and it’s smaller. Forcing me to play WE gives me the opportunity to try and try again, and I’m sure I will begin to like it even more than I do now. 

Having said that, the main reason I’m not much of a fan is because the lack of battles. The map is far too big. They need to add more teams, perhaps 33 teams. I’m going to enjoy season 3 and WE for what it is, but once KC makes a comeback I probably won’t touch WE again until they add more teams. 

Message 50 of 104 (963 Views)