Re: Megathread: World's Edge map feedback at launch

by Gozmaii

Original Post

★★★ Novice

This map isnt good at all it feels like you wanna be FORTNITE . And you DONT WANT TO BE FORTNITE, cuz APEX is better .

Bring the old map back please ! 

Dont ruin the game 🙏

Message 31 of 104 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I Want to thank all of your team on the hard work they do In giving us a really good experience while playing Apex legends.

I am a casual player who played apex from the start since it launched back in February.

Apex is my first shooting game that I have played after a very long time and to say the least it has draw me in immediately and I kept playing it ever since.

Through out the season one and season two the game was perfect although I have not found a squad I still enjoyed it.

Near the end of season two I have got my perfect team and was able to enjoy the game to an extra level.

I was so excited to start the new season with my team as well that as soon aswe logged in  thwe boughte battle pass bundle.

After jumping on our first few games we have all had the same thought that this is not what we have expected. All the changes are great but the map is really bad.

The map is harder to navigate off the drop because of all the mountains separating different areas

The loot is far in between if you don’t drop in the right places.

Lots of flat areas where I wouldn’t want to get caught running without the proper loot.

Ambush points when the circle is closing, they’re obvious, got screwed a few times yesterday by a team just waiting it out.

Armor, not sure why I’m having such a hard time finding one off the drop, they seem rare 

Gold items when shooting down one of those loot bots are very hard to find on certain areas of the map where the ground is very colorful.

Those high rise buildings, although fun, I stay clear of them, audio seems wonky when running on the floors, reminds me too much of Fortnite.

In summary its very unfair for respawn to force a map on player who does not want to play it or change they way they enjoy and play the game!! 

Me and my squad are no longer as excited to play the game. 

In a few years people are going be like : who's played it since king canyan !!!

Message 32 of 104 (1,445 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_BlueberryAdanmc95

So i don't know how to just add a post to this without replying because nothing made by EA ever has had a UI that isint bad.

That being said, onto the issues with the map.
The major ones being
1. Loot is incredibly sparse. I've had 5 matches in total out of all the ones played last night where I died after 2-3 minutes of running around and finding literally nothing, then usually getting shot by a sniper with no chance to getting to reasonable cover in time to not die thanks to the fact the maps basically just a big damn field.
2. Snipers in the game have bullet drop around 200m and you decided "Lets force sniper play"
Fix bullet drop on snipers before you release sniping maps, i've never played a game where snipers felt as bad as apex, my friends and I joke about the only thing the triple take is good for is using it as a mini mastiff shotgun since a triple headshot is more or less a pipedream compared to a triple point blank. I force myself to take short range scopes (Uasually 3x on the longbow) because at least your bullet wont eat sand before hitting your target.
3. You made caustic and watson totally useless. did you even consider character skills other than the new dude when making the map? I had to stop playing my favorite character because gas traps are plain not worth throwing out in a big flat plains.
4. The train.... If you cant make it work, just dont put it in.
You cant throw down traps on the thing without them bugging out and vanishing or get teammates back up, as the train will make you repeatedly go in an out of the revive animation. How did you make the loot ship work right but the train so SO wrong.

5. Finally the devs answer to why kings canyon isint here.
"“What we don’t want is for someone to get in on October 1 and be like, ‘Oh, it put me on Kings Canyon, I’m going to back out.’ You’re going to end up with a bunch of half dead games," Drew continued."

So why not... i don't know... LET PLAYERS CHOOSE THE MAP
Wow, groundbreaking, I know you guys have been in the lootbox game a bit too long so player choice is something you probably cant stand to give people, but i can BET MONEY nobody would have dodged out of the map they themselves picked because of the map (because they didn't get crypto? different story). If you left random rotation on with both maps you'd actually have the opposite effect you expected because of just how bad your new map is, funny how that ended up working.

Anyway turning kings canyon back on should really not be that hard and you'd be getting a huge portion of your player base back so... yeah. I really hope y'all don't make any more mistakes this colossal in the future with excuses that lame though.
Message 33 of 104 (1,434 Views)

Re: Bring back Kings Canyon. Totally dissappointed

Mhh Thinking

The map feels really different than Kings Canyon.
I think this map allows more play-styles to be played and counter's a bit the camper meta.

A open map will limit the loot campers will receive and the buffs to bloodhound and the introducing of Crypto.

We haven't see much vertical objects and can climb higher than ever.

This benefits the "scouts" and is promising for players that like a aggressive play style.

I get why some don't like this map and this ruins caustic as he doesn't really fit into the map except for a few locations.

The play-style of Kings canyon doesn't really fits anymore but I think most players will adapt to a different play-style.

But i really like the new map and it feels nice to play on.
Everything is pretty smooth.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 34 of 104 (1,432 Views)

Re: Fix the loot drops or bring back Kings canyon

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberrya really weird answer. basically a copy-paste of an old communicate. We are not talking about a specific area, we are talking about the overall map. The graphic detail is so far from kings canyon cause the big map doesnt allow for specific detailed zones. Everything looks generic and uncompleted. (Giant empty zones and a lot of clonic buildings with nothing inside, just like the empty kilometric zombie survivals games from years ago) the space desing is awfull (anyone test this before launch? ) and only allow for camping and use de 2 or 3 weapons that actually are not broken) even more with the supersonic microscopic cyptos dron. The full map is wrong and we cand find any good thing on it. Is totally designed for keep the really casual gamers and campers on the game and limit the pro players. (I am not one of them) . Wattson was a terrible legend (its like creepy dumb person) and literally only function is camping. But a damn drone on this map? Its really anoying and nosense the actual game state. Please, dont answer us with old copy pastes or saying to the user that they are kind of slow blind person and his feedback is bassically wrong if you dont like it.

Message 35 of 104 (1,429 Views)

Re: Bring back Kings Canyon. Totally dissappointed

★★★ Apprentice
@Zeelmaekers Yeah, an sniper giant map counters a lot of the camping meta (no)
Message 36 of 104 (1,428 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just played a game where I was in the last 2 squads and my team lost solely because there is a huge mountain that you cannot get over or through so we just died in the storm. This is the worst game map I've ever seen, I want Kings Canyon back.

Message 37 of 104 (1,401 Views)

Re: Remove the new map and back to kings canyon.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The new map is way too big, we are running like 15 min and no players. We can't play! Even kings canyon was too big. Please bring back the old map. Rank its even worst, we can't find no one. All we want its a kill, not running for loot or to find players, thats why everyone was jumping on skull town/market/bunker. Also you nerf everything, all what its left players playing with peacekeeper and the new energy sniper Frown As a streamer, its hard to keep ppl on stream when everything its so boring now.

Message 38 of 104 (1,386 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Gozmaii Exactly, my friend. Trying to be FN with random nonsense spread about the map.
Message 39 of 104 (1,323 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MethHufinMonica Well said, my friend
Message 40 of 104 (1,320 Views)