Re: Map size/3rd party fights

by JoJo_DeBlahhh

Original Post

Map size/3rd party fights

★★★ Newbie

I have been loving this game for a lot of reasons, but I would hope that some improvements will be made to how most of the engagements play out. Too often do I win a fight just to be 3rd partied by someone who heard the fight from a mile away then moved in and cleaned up before we can heal. If the next map that comes out is a little bigger this may not happen as much? personally I would love if the sound in game for distant gunshots is turned down. That way the fights become more about positioning and skill rather than whoever is the newest one to the fight. Like I said, I am enjoying the game how it is, but maybe next map can be improved on. Thanks! Standard smile

Message 1 of 16 (3,064 Views)

★★ Guide
The 3rd parting in this game is the worst I've ever seen in a BR.
Message 2 of 16 (3,020 Views)

★★ Apprentice
In my personal opinion, the real reason for the 3rd party mess is not due to mapsize, but due to audio. With my headset i swear i'm able to hear gunshots from half the size of the map.. the way most people play br's they go straight for kills. thus always rotating and going near the gunshots. the map size is perfect for 60 people. if you don't drop right away and drop more afk, you wont have this issue of you being 3rd party so much..
Message 3 of 16 (2,971 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I rather think that the issue is due to map size. Travel time is so fast in this game with all the graplings, baloons and the sort that its very fast to get from point A to point B. If the map was a bit bigger, you might actually have time to recover after a fight.

As it is now, if you hear a fight and rush to it, by the time u get there, they just in the mid fight or just finishing off, then you just swoop in for the kill. Most of our deaths is due to this.

If the map was a bit bigger then it would take some more time for the 3rd team to get there.

Message 4 of 16 (2,928 Views)

★ Guide

Guys that’s the point of this game fast paced fast mobility.  If you don’t like it leave tbh.  Also it’s not just ever 3rd party because everyone knows if your 3rd partying people other teams have the same idea.

Every BR ever plays like this.

Internally you need to teach yourself if I can’t win the fast semi fast I need to peel off or have someone overwatching for the next team.  

Message 5 of 16 (2,915 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Yesterday our team 3rd-partied, then someone 4th partied us, and then, when we were peacefully looting half the squads' boxes in this tiny area, we got ambushed yet again. TBH, good stuff!
Message 6 of 16 (2,876 Views)

★★★ Pro
Getting third partied after a intense skirmish is a pain but everyone with a brain would do that if they see a opportunity, the objective here is to win and since the ttk can be lopsided at times it's always a good strategy to pick off the team that's low on shields before they're able to recover
Message 7 of 16 (2,858 Views)

★ Guide

i agreed, the only thing i hate in BR is that, once ur team is engaged with another team , then another idiot team jump in FROM BACK  with full power and kill instantly. 

sadly there is NO fix for that. gotta play for like that.  

Message 8 of 16 (2,850 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@heygeta1 wrote:

I have been loving this game for a lot of reasons, but I would hope that some improvements will be made to how most of the engagements play out. Too often do I win a fight just to be 3rd partied by someone who heard the fight from a mile away then moved in and cleaned up before we can heal. If the next map that comes out is a little bigger this may not happen as much? personally I would love if the sound in game for distant gunshots is turned down. That way the fights become more about positioning and skill rather than whoever is the newest one to the fight. Like I said, I am enjoying the game how it is, but maybe next map can be improved on. Thanks! Standard smile

I thought this was normal for this type of game? =)

Me and my friend 3rd party a gunfight all the time (especially when down to the last 3 teams).

This game rewards an aggressive playstyle, so 3rd party'ing will almost always guarantee you some kills & (if you're lucky & don't get 4th/5th/6th Party'd, then you will get all that sweet loot).

Most people would rather play it safe, and coming from PUBG, I can understand why.

But this game & map, IMO, was built for just this exact 'aggressive' style of play.

My Advice to OP would be: If you're tired of being 3rd party'd all the time, try to be the one that 3rd party's instead.

You loot, get geared up, then run towards the first gunshots you hear...

Sometimes you come up against an absoslute god-squad that will kill both the 2nd & 3rd (your team) party...other times, you will arrive at that crucial moment when 1 squad is down & the other one hasn't healed yet.

That's how we win games...a lot of them.

IMHO, there is nothing more FUN in APEX that to 3rd party 2 squads, finish them, then get 4th party'd yourself, then 5th, 6th, 7th..

You literally spend8+ minutes fighting, repositioning, healing, fighting, repositioning, healing.

These are the kind of games I do not mind dying, if I got a few kills in. I feel like it was worth it..and move on to the next one.

Also, OP, looting fast or having a zone control Legend on your team is a must  (Bangalore/Fatguy/Caustic)..a Wraith helps to set a portal right at the end of an engagement so you can sneak out if being pinched.

And you also learn to keep checking your surroundings during that engagement, for this specific reason.

It's all conditioning..to make you a better APEX Player.

Standard smile

Message 9 of 16 (2,845 Views)

★ Guide

@realy-bad-1 wrote:

i agreed, the only thing i hate in BR is that, once ur team is engaged with another team , then another idiot team jump in FROM BACK  with full power and kill instantly. 

sadly there is NO fix for that. gotta play for like that.  

Then make sure that your backs are covered either with a Caustic or reposition yourself so your backs are to walls or something.

When you see a squad, it's never a good idea to just go in guns blazing. 

Sometimes planning exactly where you will attack from, (where they will be, and where you will be shooting from), can make all the difference between you losing, beating 1 squad, and beating 3-4-5 squads all 3p-ing.

Message 10 of 16 (2,844 Views)