by BassHabit

Original Post

Re: Map Selection instead of Rotation

★★★★★ Newbie

Guys, please remove this canyon.

Message 11 of 50 (716 Views)

★ Guide
@sorrowstick They've made some major fixes on loot density as of the Old Ways update, but I guess I can see how you could say that. What really grabs me is King's Caynon's beautiful atmosphere and diverse grounds. River valley, desert settlements, highs and lows, swamps and canyons, King's Canyon provides all the terrain you can imagine instead of being the same all the way around like World's Edge. World's edge is just fire and ice and cities, but I appreciate both maps. I can see your perspective though, I just think I'm biased to KC because I've been active with this game since season 1 released.
Message 12 of 50 (701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. Seems like this is just not a good way to implement mode/map selections and I hope Respawn take this into account soon...

Message 13 of 50 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The night map has absolutely no place in any serious rotation, even if King's Canyon wasn't a sniper's wet dream.

I also played since season 1 and World's Edge was the best thing to happen to the game. I'm so tired of the "well I played at the start so I like Canyon" crutch. It's not a well layed out map, at all. The entire right side of it might as well be a Jackson Pollock painting.

Message 14 of 50 (676 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i've been playing since before season 1 as well, that doesn't mean i like KC, not one bit, i know when i'm on a superior map, and KC isn't it. as soon as they made WE i was playing infinitely more than i ever did before, i loved it so much, now that we're forced to play on KC again, i find myself turning off the game instead of waiting for the map to be rotated again... 

Message 15 of 50 (639 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s actually majorly upsetting that this is season 4 worlds edge and yet we’re playing season 1 map triple times. It wasn’t exactly the best for the game. Honestly if they were gonna put three different maps they could’ve did something totally different than ANOTHER kings canyon And the new passive updates is crazy.. I’m totally over this game.. Also the wait time for a game to load has gotten horrible.. should’ve kept ranked as worlds edge if you were gonna do kings canyon on duo and trio twice. So I leave the game for an hour and then I don’t wanna have to wait just for the map I wanna play. 🤦‍♀️ I’m not usually ever the type to comment or give feedback like at all, but I just really can’t even with this update. It’s horrible. 

Message 16 of 50 (623 Views)

★ Apprentice

dude i was upset when i saw that king's canyon after dark was the map for 2 hours. like why is the rotation even that damn long?!

Message 17 of 50 (588 Views)

★ Guide
@StevenX1981 It's not a crutch, some people genuinely have good memories there and believe it is a good map. I love the diversity in the map between desert, fields, forests, river valleys and settlements. I like World's Edge, but it's just the same all around. I think this map rotation is by far the dumbest thing they could have done, they just need to implement selection or pick one map to use and keep it that way. I don't care which map it is because I love KC and I don't mind WE.
Message 18 of 50 (577 Views)

★ Guide

However, no one likes King's Canyon after dark, and it should've died after the Halloween event was over and stayed that way. If they wanted to give the trash rotation system a chance, it should have been 45minutes of KC then 1.5 hours of World's Edge. This method just doesn't make sense.

Message 19 of 50 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Agreed fully. When i want to pop on to play for a bit, i do not want to have to wait two hours before i get to play the map i want to play. Players should be allowed to play the maps they like, and if King's Canyon does not have the player base to make match making quick enough then make it an occasional map. 

Message 20 of 50 (540 Views)