Re: Map Selection instead of Rotation

by SorryWeDied

Original Post

Map Selection instead of Rotation

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I love the idea of all the maps being available. However, the rotation system is just not reasonable. Players do not want to wait an hour to play the map that they enjoy. We should be able to simply select our map, and the 60-90 minute timers is kind of ridiculous. Players don't have time to adjust to the map they're playing, and it's like your first game of the day all over again. We can pick duos or trios. Why can't we choose our map? This just isn't what the community was asking for and it's not efficient. You're going to get lots of complaints about this, please, please fix it soon. Instead of players just getting excited when their favorite comes around, they're literally logging off the game until it arrives again. This is not a timing game that people are going to play for long, and soon players will stop playing the game entirely. I'm already to the point where I almost don't want to play apex anymore. 

Message 1 of 50 (5,636 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SorryWeDied map rotation is suckkkkkk I hate this update ffs !!!!!!!!!!!! im enjoy to play at worlds edge but I have to wait for 1 hour like wtf
Message 2 of 50 (5,617 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I agree. I don't enjoy kings canyon and currently I only want to play worlds edge then I have to wait an hour before I can play that map again?? That doesn't seem right to me. I stopped playing altogether last night after 20 minutes and if I play today I'll probably end up playing another game instead. It might work the other way round as well for people that don't like worlds edge. Then people will end up playing another game when their favourite map is not currently playable and then people may carry on playing something else and stop coming back to apex.

Message 3 of 50 (5,559 Views)

★ Guide
@Marge010 I did the same thing! I played for probably like 30 minutes and I just wasn't in the mood to play king's canyon, so I just stopped playing the game and went to sleep. I'm so upset about it, and the new limb damage on the low profile legends makes them go down WAY too quickly. THE GAME IS NOT FUN ANYMORE.
Message 4 of 50 (5,519 Views)

★★ Guide
@SorryWeDied I'm not upset about what they implemented, but I thought it was going to be different. I could have sworn I read the word "choice" somewhere about the different map rotations and I assumed you'd be able to choose either KC or WE after queueing up for duos or trios and the rotation was going to be which versions, but I guess that was just a pipe dream.

I didn't think the choice was going to be to play now or later get a different map.
Message 5 of 50 (5,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

i'm considering logging off the game permanently if the rotation is permanent... completely ruins the game for me.... especially when 2 of the maps in rotation i don't want to play, if i wanted to play KC i'd go play ranked. 

so now we're stuck with 3 different KC maps and 1.. we 1 worlds edge. how is that fair to the people who like worlds edge, and don't want to deal with the 5th party canyon.

so for like 3 hours you can play kc 3 different ways, and then WE for a bit. like common... who the hell thought this was a good idea? 

also why did they nerf low profile characters so hard? lifeline gets absolutely murdered now, can't even play my favorite legend... after 1400 hours on apex i might just be done because of this absolutely HORRENDOUS update. 

i think EA should back peddle, and quickly, with valorant beta + war zone i feel like apex numbers are gonna plummet, and i'm not normally to be "That guy" but god damn, this update is actually that bad. 

Message 6 of 50 (5,486 Views)

★ Guide
@BassHabit I totally agree, I've been maining Wraith and getting absolutely melted with the low profile nerf. The map thing is genuinely making me consider quitting, which is super upsetting considering that I'm not one of those players who threatens to quit after every update. I have stuck with the game consistently since March of last year when season 1 was realeased. This update is the worst thing that has happened in Apex and better be fixed ASAP.
Message 7 of 50 (5,471 Views)

★★★ Novice

This new rotation of the maps is absolutely garbage! Either make them both permanently available or don’t. I’ve only played this game since worlds edge was available and it’s by far the map I prefer. Trying to play Kong’s canyon in forced 2 hour time slots is sucking the fun right out of the game for me and my squad

Message 8 of 50 (5,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Grahamkracka323I agree it's a trash system even though I like both maps about the same. I've played since King's Canyon was the only map, before WE even existed. But WE had grown on me a bit, and sometimes I'm just not in the mood for playing King's Canyon. I know their goal with this update was to make everyone happy, but they resulted in making no one happy because they went about it in the wrong way. I hope they figure it out soon and fix it. I'm pretty much done with Apex until then..

Message 9 of 50 (5,442 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SorryWeDied bad news fella, i despise king canyon. Gameplay Quality wise ; there's a huge difference between King Canyon and World Edge. King Canyon lack of loot density, gimmicky randomness of ambush spot, etc, unlike world edge. If I have to take 5minutes just for looting, this map is dynamically very poor. Sorry, not my cup of tea.
Message 10 of 50 (5,423 Views)