Map Evolution over these years

by StarMystro

Original Post

Map Evolution over these years

★★★★ Guide

I really like this new event that brings back the Original-Vanilla Kings Canyon and World's Edge, but has anyone really looked at how these Levels changed in particular ways? For instance, it seems as though each map veered away from "close-quarters" combat and favored long-range battles. (Yes I know this was one of the intentions in making World's Edge -If I recall from a Dev post) But it's like the new map iterations really favor Big massive battles between multiple squads.

The focus seems to have shifted from smaller battles around the map, to larger POI's for multiple squads to corral together. I'm not really in favor of this kind of environment though... Any thoughts/opinions? 

Message 1 of 3 (670 Views)

Re: Map Evolution over these years

★★★★★ Apprentice
@StarMystro to be honest in many locations i see exactly the opposite. Just look at the caustic takeover and the pathfinder takeover.. or look at the new POI on olympus(the ship) none of these really are that good for sniping but are built for close corner fights which is super annoying imo.
Also what's happening on both of the old maps is that they just build new stuff everywhere and barely leave open fields which is also very worrying to me.
Message 2 of 3 (572 Views)

Re: Map Evolution over these years

★★★★ Guide
@ChrysIsChrisis Woah wait which "pathfinder takeover"?? (Unless I'm having a braindead moment sorry).
You make a fair point. The new Icarus ship location on Olympus is fairly CQB oriented- true. Caustic's "arena" is a nice addition.

But Olympus truly took World's Edge to a new high with fewer (albeit MASSIVE) tall/large "separators" (cliffs, or impassible terrain that forces a long trek around) in between POI's. It's a whole different map- don't get me wrong, I can't expect re-skinned maps to be just like OG King's Canyon. The freedom of movement and vast reconnaissance- seeing potential enemies, all from various directions- encourages most players to Engage and atleast poke.
Message 3 of 3 (558 Views)