Re: MAP IDEA: HOSTILE ENVIRONMENTS

by OllieGoon

Original Post

MAP IDEA: HOSTILE ENVIRONMENTS

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I think adding Environmental Interactions could add some additional strategy to the game.

Shoot barrels to make them explode

Mud slows down normal movement but sliding takes you further

Exposed Cords could shock the enemy

Sandstorms Lower visibility

Certain walls are breakable

Deserts slowly drain your health

Completely hide in bushes while crouching

Each area of the map could have something unique so a creative player could use his surroundings to his advantage.

Message 1 of 12 (1,709 Views)

★★ Guide
Nice one
I also suggest that zip lines break if too many players use it at the same time
Message 2 of 12 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes i like your idea. It would be a neat addition.
Message 3 of 12 (1,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m sorry Honestly disappointed in season 1 the battle pass was lacking with only four standard skins and a havoc at rank 100. However easily the biggest let down was nothing in the map. EA or respawn create a new map!! I have an idea. I’ve found some encounters annoying because I could do nothing as I had an alternator and the opponent had a r99 so to make sure better players win a better more advanced map could be made. Mainly all jungle. There would be big trees Which have tree houses and bridges crossing trees together this would be mid range encounters and there could be big above ground settlements. Then a ground layer dense with bushes and half of the body is not showing this would allow for stealth which is lacking and why characters like bloodhound could be better. Then a bunker level, underground this would be grey and militaristic like artillery or hydro dam. It would have tunnels running through the map. Overall the map would allow for more stealth, the need for better hearing/ headphones and better plays. Right now their is only a ship you can get on and nothing underground please respond ea thank you 

Message 4 of 12 (1,509 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CatalystTNT 

The way I see you saying this, Bottom Line = More Reality... Standard smile

While I enjoy the fantasy aspects of the game, I see it also as a Game Killer too.

Some more reality in this game could make it better and more challenging and hopefully improving "Team Work".

I want to see maps that improve/force better Team Play!

Message 5 of 12 (1,484 Views)

★★★ Novice

What would really turn things upside down is different match options like you used to get in Multiplayer games, switch it up a little

Message 6 of 12 (1,387 Views)

Champion

Or like auto turrets dotted around the map that could be activated for a short time from a computer terminal. Could be a new character's passive to interact with those terminals.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 7 of 12 (1,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also with the different maps give a choice of maps. So if you have like 8 rotate then like 3 to pick from and the one with highest vote is the one you jump into.

Message 8 of 12 (1,367 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Either extend the map or make a new one. All the options mentioned above are great. Pick one and place them every month or two...

Message 9 of 12 (1,357 Views)

★★★ Pro
Imagine you turning a corner and getting half your hp blown away by someone camping a barrel while hiding inside a bush completely invisible. Or running away on low health only to die in the desert because of DOT or to get shot in swamps because you couldn't move fast enough. These are good for a PvE game but not a BR
Message 10 of 12 (1,320 Views)