Re: Horrible map

by KristianBrasil

Original Post

Horrible map

★★★ Newbie

Really apex? you ruined the game tbh. Feels nothing like apex anymore. Hate to say it but I’m moving onto another game. The map is trash, bunch of bugs, loot sucks *! Campers everywhere, and the guns just feel awful.

Message 1 of 8 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well the new map is not horrible but it changes the game style dramatically.
It is so wide and open that Apex Legends moved from a fast pace and combat orientated shooter to a standard camping sniper game.

The charge rifle makes it even woirse with its wide range and extreme rate of DPS.

The loot for such a big map feels disappointing. The locations for loot are too much apart from each other. The first ring is often so much away from the hot drop, that many squads get killed by trying to get in the zone.

Respawn, you might want to rethink some point:

- change the first ring: make it either slower, or less hurting or make the first zone bigger. You are taking 60-75% of the map away in the first ring

- increase the amount of loot

- nerf the charge rifle. make her a rare drop weapon or at least make her fire slower or ristrict the range

I agree, the game has changed and it feels slower.

Kings Canyon rewarded you for being agressive ... this map... does nothing

EDIT: had a typical round: 

- hot drop

- just 4 of 12 people got a weapon

- had to run off to the next location

- finally got a weapon after opeing 6 supply bins

- head back to my fallen team mates - respawn timed out

The game is broken: thanks for that! I had really fun the last year playing Apex but this is just frustrating

EDIT 2:
Just prooved my point. I got the charge rifle myself and just 3rd partied the S**T out of the squads with 6x Sniper Optics and even without an extended energy mag.

7 kills only with that.

PLEASE FIX THE GAME!

Message 2 of 8 (672 Views)

★ Apprentice
@awesomeaust77 Ah... if only they structured the map to be smaller and more like KC... because some parts of the map are so beautiful...

But still. The different LZ don't have their own personality like KC had. In KC every location felt unique and had it's own "thing".

Lz's in WE are too simplified.

They should just give players the choice ffs...
Message 3 of 8 (657 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KristianBrasil That's true, right now I cannot really say which city is which when I see them.

I think the spirit of each location comes after time so you'll associate events with them like in KC "bunker is a death trap, skull town is always a hot drop, etc...."

But one thing was also adding to this. All the locations were close to each other so it felt like a story, some kind of living world. No it seems like there are only some random spots that don't really belong to each other.
Message 4 of 8 (643 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Lausekittel Well, yeah... besides the cities, nowhere seems to be worth landing... and fighting/looting in the city feels awkward for some reason.

Everywhere else feels like big buildings with sparse loot patches here and there.
Message 5 of 8 (635 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Totally agree with this. I really hope King's Canyon gets brought back, and I think players should have the option when queuing into a game whether they want to play on KC or WE. I personally don't mind waiting in a little bit of queue if need be to be able to play on KC. It's the map that made me fall in love with the game, and I'm just really not digging WE personally.

Message 6 of 8 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I avoid those Fortnite style buildings like the plague. I've already been killed more times by people sat in corners than I ever was by campers on Kings Canyon. But that's not the developers' fault, it's the players. I agree with you on loot distribution.

Message 7 of 8 (570 Views)

★★ Novice

its not the same fun anymore.

i absolutely loved the old map and this one is so terrible.

Message 8 of 8 (542 Views)