Flyers' chests are hard to find. Add marker

by PathfinderOrOut

Original Post

Flyers' chests are hard to find. Add marker

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello! 

Today i killed a couple of flyers from distance with my sniper rifle, wasted 40-60 sec, but never found deathboxes/chests they dropped. It's too boring and time-wasting searching for chest that dropped, even marking Flyer never helps, since right after you kill it, mark instantly disappearing from the map. So i see decision - team that killed Flyer, will get a Marker of chest on their map. 

Message 1 of 5 (727 Views)

Re: Flyers' chests are hard to find. Add marker

Community Manager

Thank you for the submission!

Have you found it an easier finding them after playing for almost a week now? Any other thoughts on the flyers you want to share?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_BlueberryI actually like the added chance of good armor earlier in the game, it feels like it can go a long way towards evening things out between loot tiers in terms of lf where you drop. I personally would have capped it at blue armor/attachments.

I wish they were harder to shoot down though. Not more tanky just more variable flight paths.

I definitely dont think icons is a good idea for them.  It would make it too risky to shoot them down fir a lot of players as nearby enemies would know exactly where to go by the map.  Showing it only for the guy who killed the flyer feels a bit meh as well.  Currently it adds into the risk v reward equation involved in flyers as far as I can see.

Message 3 of 5 (597 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry I found solution to that - i can mark chest while it's dropping to the ground, but you have to aim chest quickly. Also, i am trying to get closer before i start shooting, so i don't really have this problem now. But in the same time, i found another problem in 2 places of the map:
1) Flyer on Airbase is flying over the sea, and if you kill him, he might drop chest into the Sea. 
2) I killed Flyer in this spot twice, and both times he dropped chest onto the metallic construction, like Screen Holder (3 screens that show who is kill leader and champion). I was playing Pathfinder, so i was able to Hook onto this construction. Other champions couldn't reach that chest

APEXLEGENDSMAP.jpg

Message 4 of 5 (586 Views)

Community Manager

@PathfinderOrOut 

Thanks for sharing the tip on marking them!

@Anlbrd 

I'd personally love to see them carry more level 3 and legendary items, but increase their health to make it feel like a mini boss. Get rewarded handsomely but risk exposing your position on the map to others. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (582 Views)