Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Flyers' chests are hard to find. Add marker

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Flyers' chests are hard to find. Add marker

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello! 

Today i killed a couple of flyers from distance with my sniper rifle, wasted 40-60 sec, but never found deathboxes/chests they dropped. It's too boring and time-wasting searching for chest that dropped, even marking Flyer never helps, since right after you kill it, mark instantly disappearing from the map. So i see decision - team that killed Flyer, will get a Marker of chest on their map. 

Message 1 of 5 (377 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the submission!

Have you found it an easier finding them after playing for almost a week now? Any other thoughts on the flyers you want to share?

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_BlueberryI actually like the added chance of good armor earlier in the game, it feels like it can go a long way towards evening things out between loot tiers in terms of lf where you drop. I personally would have capped it at blue armor/attachments.

I wish they were harder to shoot down though. Not more tanky just more variable flight paths.

I definitely dont think icons is a good idea for them.  It would make it too risky to shoot them down fir a lot of players as nearby enemies would know exactly where to go by the map.  Showing it only for the guy who killed the flyer feels a bit meh as well.  Currently it adds into the risk v reward equation involved in flyers as far as I can see.

Message 3 of 5 (247 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry I found solution to that - i can mark chest while it's dropping to the ground, but you have to aim chest quickly. Also, i am trying to get closer before i start shooting, so i don't really have this problem now. But in the same time, i found another problem in 2 places of the map:
1) Flyer on Airbase is flying over the sea, and if you kill him, he might drop chest into the Sea. 
2) I killed Flyer in this spot twice, and both times he dropped chest onto the metallic construction, like Screen Holder (3 screens that show who is kill leader and champion). I was playing Pathfinder, so i was able to Hook onto this construction. Other champions couldn't reach that chest

APEXLEGENDSMAP.jpg

Message 4 of 5 (236 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@PathfinderOrOut 

Thanks for sharing the tip on marking them!

@Anlbrd 

I'd personally love to see them carry more level 3 and legendary items, but increase their health to make it feel like a mini boss. Get rewarded handsomely but risk exposing your position on the map to others. 

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help